BF2 in game VOIP problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 in game VOIP problem

Alright guys. I know this thread has come up before, but I haven't found a solution yet. i just got a logitech usb headset and it works only about 40% of the time while playing POE. I've tried changing the audio settings using windows and that doesn't work. The problem only lies in game. I can use teamspeak no problem, and when I use the windows "test hardware" my mic works flawlessly.

However, if I go to the BF2 Voip setup, it's like my mic isn't even plugged in. The meter stays a solid black. I've tried hunting around for drivers for this thing (The mic doesn't come w/software, it's "plug & play") and I got nothing. One possible cause may be my usb ports. If I plug my mic into a different usb port, and the "found new hardware" msg appears, it will work on both the VOIP setup, and in the game. For awhile. It stops working after about 30 mins. i'll unplug the mic, put it in a different usb port, and then i don't get the "found new hardware" msg. This is driving me crazy!!!!
    |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
    [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Re: BF2 in game VOIP problem

Well I don't know if this is your problem, but one of the things that BF2 does to me (and ONLY BF2) is randomly decide to mute my mic within windows. I'll be playing and my mic goes dead. I end up having to Alt+Tab or hit my windows key to get back to the desktop, unmute, and then get back to the game. All of which takes a little while because BF2's such a memory hog. I can't figure out why it does this, but it's definately BF2. All my steam games never give me this issue. Try my "fix" though, and see if it works.

Does this happen to anyone else? Also, I've heard USB headsets can be finicky. But I've never had one, so I can't have a supported opinion on it anyway.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Well I think I figured out my Voip problem w/my logitech usb headset. It has to do w/my usb ports and windows not detecting "new hardware". I have to go to my device manager, find the usb audio device under sounds, right click, and select uninstall. Then I have to plug the mic back in and it gets detected by windows as"new hardware" again, then I have to verify that it works using bf2's VOIP setup, then I can use it in game.

There has got to be an easier way to do this! Anyways, in case anyone else has trouble w/usb headphones and VOIP w/bf2, you may want to try this.
      |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
      [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        Well I don't know if this is your problem, but one of the things that BF2 does to me (and ONLY BF2) is randomly decide to mute my mic within windows. I'll be playing and my mic goes dead. I end up having to Alt+Tab or hit my windows key to get back to the desktop, unmute, and then get back to the game. All of which takes a little while because BF2's such a memory hog. I can't figure out why it does this, but it's definately BF2. All my steam games never give me this issue. Try my "fix" though, and see if it works.

Does this happen to anyone else? Also, I've heard USB headsets can be finicky. But I've never had one, so I can't have a supported opinion on it anyway.
        I've had this with TS as well, I'm simply playing a normal round of TG and then TS will suddenly say "Microphone muted", luckily I can simply set a key bind to unmute it again.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
        BF2142 Names:
        Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
        Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
        Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
        Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I'm confused. Why wouldn't you want your MIC muted in windows?

Well maybe it works differently for USB mics, but for standard analog mic's muting it in windows has no effect on it working in TS or in game.

It only turns it off within windows so it isn't constantly making noise in your PC speakers when your fan blows over the mic. I'm not sure why BF mutes the mic, I've seen it do it as well, but it has no adverse effect for me because I want it muted anyway

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X