keyboard freezes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyboard freezes

I've been researching this and found nothing to solve the problem. I wouldn't even bother you all here but for my fear that this problem of mine is a symptom of a hack or worm.

When using Microsoft Office 2003, my system periodically freezes, or more specifically I can't use the keyboard (in these instance, the mouse still works).

I have McAfee anti-virus, nVidia firewall, Spysweeper, and Windows Live OneCare all running. :) I suppose that's a little paranoid, but there it is: I am concerned for the security of my personal information.

In case anyone has a good answer at the ready, I thought I'd give it a try.

thanks,
    derd

Re: keyboard freezes

I'm posting again to provide a copy of the HijackThis log, which awhile back Icky recommended that I try (unfortunately I cannot find that thread at the moment).
    Attached Files

Comment

Hmm....

I occasionally have this problem as well, though a quick unplug and re-plug of the USB connector sovles the problem. Never considered it as a security problem since it happened the first day my PC was built (and before it was ever connected to the interwebz). Always figured it was a random driver glitch.

I have one of those complicated multi-media keyboards. I figured my computer would just get confused everyonce in a while.

|TG-Irr| ThePenguineer ::: |TG-Irr| Pengie the Noob
      TG-Irregulars Commanding Officer
      ||

Comment

Thanks, Penguineer.

I'm assuming that my problems are being caused by conflicts between the many background processes running all the time, especially the anti-virus and anti-spyware. There's one program called UIupdate or something for McAfee that is constantly hitting the memory, and according to people online its just the way McAfee works.

Your problem might be keyboard driver related. I'm getting the keyboard hiccup and the whole system hiccup.

So, so annoying. But not crippling. And I've come to think it's not a security threat.

Icky was very helpful.

Comment

Perhaps it's all the adult beverages that have been spilled onto it?

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
            Perhaps it's all the adult beverages that have been spilled onto it?
            Let me take this opportunity in a hijack of my own thread to say how embarrassed I am to have the reputation of drinking so much so often that incidental spills have caused my computer to start malfunctioning.

Back to topic! :)

Comment

Originally posted by derdmeh View Post
              Let me take this opportunity in a hijack of my own thread to say how embarrassed I am to have the reputation of drinking so much so often that incidental spills have caused my computer to start malfunctioning.

Back to topic! :)

Dude it's a given...
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse