Quake Wars: Enemy Territory on 8800GTX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Wars: Enemy Territory on 8800GTX

Has anyone seen this video, which shows off a preview of QW:ET running on an nVidia 8800 GPU? I must say I am underwhelmed as far as the graphics go. I see nothing that looks particularly better than BF2142 and I would expect to considering the hype around the game and the fact that it is coming out so long after the release of 2142. Meh. :row__687:
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: Quake Wars: Enemy Territory on 8800GTX

it's not the graphics it's the gameplay.

Quake Wars will be amazing.
    Current member of the

Comment

That video is a couple of months old so even though they are fairly far along in development consider improvements that may have happened since then.

Personally, it looks like a bit nicer then 2142 although not in a different ballpark. I agree with Zid in that it's the gameplay I look for just as much if not more then the graphics. Yes, I would like it to look good, but if it's all fluff and doesn't promote teamwork it doesn't matter.

Comment

I hope its not too good for my pc. I want to be able to play it too. BF2142 runs pretty ok on my computer, so I am hoping I can run Quake Wars too.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Zid View Post
          it's not the graphics it's the gameplay.

Quake Wars will be amazing.
          You can't have one without the other. Graphics aren't everything, but they aren't nothing either. As an example, you could have the most amazing tactical team play game on the planet, but if it's designed around a low-polygon, 8 bit rendering engine, no one is going to play it.

In any case, I wasn't really remarking on the team play aspects, I just thought this was supposed to be the next gen of amazing graphics in games so was surprised at how mediocre they were.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

I think their 'mega texturing' thing is the thing that has been hyped but as far as next gen graphics, I think the only game that is currently being hailed as that is Crysis.

Comment

Its modified Doom3 tech...its not going to look like Crysis but it will look like a nice and clean current gen game.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X