Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel scraps the Tejas processor...

http://www.suntimes.com/output/tech/...n-emain08.html

This is interesting to read. What are they doing? Are they poised to try and counter the AMD64 processer

It appears That Intel will develop a new processor with 2 cores. Let's hope it doesn't have the same problems of the former prescott core.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Re: Intel scraps the Tejas processor...

CPU's have hit a brick wall. The cheap speed increases by decreasing the proccess size have NOT WORKED this time, Intel are stuck at 90nm*, AMD (IBM 90nm) will be stuck....they got to start MAKING CPU's that are faster per mhz like AMD do already, hence AMD should regain some market Share over the next two years, as there 2.6+ghz A64's will beat anything Intel can do from now on.

CPu's will be moving to dual core or "backwards" from now on. Intel show this mainly by the fact they going to start releasing the Pentium M's (modiles) into the desktop range... What are P-m's????? Well, they are basicaly P3's.........

*this is why the Prescott 90nm (or Preshots the hardware community call them) are stuck at pritty much the same mhz level as a Northwood 130nm CPU.....
    Last edited by Overlag; 05-08-2004, 08:34 PM.
    From Adam Webb

Comment

I do remember reading an article in my monthly magazine MaximumPC that, Intels problem with the Prescott core is that it leaks too much power, shooting down it's ability to run at full tilt. Plus, the smaller you make your core, the closer the pipelines, transistors are and you get the possibility of leakage between each part in the core then. I mean, geez, the actual core of these processors are already one atom thick.

You can't get smaller than the atom I'm afraid...

But AMD , my favorite, is really looking to kick butt with the New FX53 processors that are coming out. I can't wait to upgrade to a 64bit system in the next year or so.

Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by xliipapa6
        I can't wait to upgrade to a 64bit system in the next year or so.
        Done... ;)

Comment

Also, I just read this article on the same lines here ->http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15795 and found out AMD, provided it doesn't screw the pooch, can take advantage of this window of opportunity. Lowdrag, apparently you're right with a dual core processors coming from Intel. I'm seeing a branch in the road and will this hinder computing? Will this mean that Windows will have to be released Intel version and Athlon version as well?

Hmm.

George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by xliipapa6
            Also, I just read this article on the same lines here ->http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=15795 and found out AMD, provided it doesn't screw the pooch, can take advantage of this window of opportunity. Lowdrag, apparently you're right with a dual core processors coming from Intel. I'm seeing a branch in the road and will this hinder computing? Will this mean that Windows will have to be released Intel version and Athlon version as well?

Hmm.
            yeah... AMD took advantage of Intel when the P3 failed to reach 1gig, and thats why they are still here today... lets hope they SELL some hammers, and get that market share back to what it should be.. :icon26:
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X