ok in 2 weeks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok in 2 weeks

this is what im gona order,,, what do you guys think?????

its time to retire the DELL 4550 and give it to the wife :)

Software: No Software Bundle Selected
    Monitors: No Monitor Selected
    Removable Data Storage: No Card Reader Selected
    Networking: Dual Integrated Gigabit LAN Adapters
    Accessories: 1 Year Parts & Labor Warranty w/ 1 Year Onsite
    Software: Windows XP Professional DSP
    Hard Disk Drives: 250GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Components: Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    Accessories: No Gaming Headset Selected
    Keyboards / Mice / Input: No Joystick Selected
    Keyboards / Mice / Input: No Gamepad Selected
    Speakers: Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Keyboards / Mice / Input: Saitek Eclipse Blue Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
    Wireless Networking: No Wireless Router
    CD/DVD Drives: 52X32X52/16x CDRW/DVD Combo Drive
    Accessories: No Internet Access Service
    Hard Disk Drives: No Additional Storage Drive
    Keyboards / Mice / Input: Razer Copperhead High Precision Blue Gaming Mouse
    Power Supplies: Ultra X-Finity 600 Watt Power Supply
    Desktop Computers: Systemax ATX Blue/Silver Gaming Case
    Memory: Corsair TwinX 2GB PC6400 DDR2 Memory
    Processors: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz 4M Processor
    Video / Graphics Cards: GeForce 7950GT 512MB PCI-Express (2 DVI)
    Desktop Computers: Systemax TigerShark Intel Dual Core Gaming PC
    Motherboards: Asus P5N32-SLI Premium nForce 590 SLI Motherboard
    CD/DVD Drives: 18X DVD-/+/R/RW Dual Layer Drive

changed the processor

ill get the second vid card in about a month after i order this along with a new monitor
    Last edited by Cappy; 01-28-2007, 06:48 AM.

Re: ok in 2 weeks

I'd get the e6400, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
      I'd agree. If you can handle the bump in price, the 6400 is the price point chip.

I'd also recommend getting a sound card to handle the sound processing. People tend to forget that it takes cpu cycles to process sound. We've all moved to graphics cards to alleviate pressure on the cpu.... don't forget that sound card. You'll want a card that can do it's own processing.
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
        I second the motion.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

I'm not sure that getting two video cards is that great of an idea now. With dx10 coming around the corner and dx10 games coming out, you'll not be able to run the games to there full graphical potential. Altough most of the dx10 games will be backwards compatible with dx9, eventual (maybe next year) they will be dx10 only (not guranteed, just my prediction). Depending on your monitor size, one 7950GT should last a good amount of time if you plan to jump to dx10 later on. Getting two 7950GT just seems a bit wastful at the present moment since you could get a 8800GTS for slightly less then two 7950GTs (They are probably equivalent in terms of todays games, depending on the resolution), or for slightly more you could get a 8800GTX.

Just throwing my two pennies in.

Comment

ya i know thats why im only getting the one 7950 right now :) gona see what the new cards do and then if its not a big deal ill go wit another 7950 :) if they clean them up then ill start saving for the 8800. one way or another they'll be 2 cards in this by summer :) :)

Comment

Check out the evga video cards. They allow you to do a one-time upgrade within 90 days of purchase. You only pay the difference in cost.
              |TG-12th| asch
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
                Check out the evga video cards. They allow you to do a one-time upgrade within 90 days of purchase. You only pay the difference in cost.
                and shipping/handling

Comment

ok scrap the above lol... this is what im getting.

antec case(still deciding which 1)

Intel Core duo E6600

2 gigs of PC 800 ddr2 mem

320 gig western digital jb hd

7950 gt ko 512mb vid card

20x +/- dvdrw dbl wit lightscribe

19" lcd monitor(havent decided which 1 yet either) lol

the guy thats building it for me is givin me 3 year warnty plus free labor for life of the computer.

hes gettin me the exact specs for me this week so when i have them ill post them but basicly this is the final product.

ill get the motherboard model(SLI) off him also,,, the guys been in buisness since 1985 so he knows what hes doing lol.... best part is hes only 5 miles from my house and never knew it till yesterday :)

pre-ordered it today, he will build it when the money hits his hands next week, will have it same day :) :) :)

oh man i cant wait :row__631: :row__523: :madsmile:

Comment

how much is he charging you and you should really go for an 8800GTS 350 on newegg which is REALLY cheap.
                    Current member of the

Comment

nah dont realy need a 8800 right now,, im gona wait till they get the bugs worked out :)

$1800 out the door, which isnt bad with all that i priced out at a few online stores(tiger direct, new egg, buy, best buy, ) blah blah blah,, the list goes on.. been researchin this for about 3 months now so im sure.

gona need a good router though.. anyone got any info, never used 1 nore needed 1 till now. have heard plenty of horror stories and dont wana live any of them lol....

Comment

oh my just talked to my TAX guy and he said my money will hit the bank next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my i havent been this excited since ,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,,,, ive never been the excited :) well ok me and the wife slept together last week for the first time in 8 months, but that wazznt as exciting as this :):):):)

Comment

Originally posted by Cappy View Post
                          nah dont realy need a 8800 right now,, im gona wait till they get the bugs worked out :)

$1800 out the door, which isnt bad with all that i priced out at a few online stores(tiger direct, new egg, buy, best buy, ) blah blah blah,, the list goes on.. been researchin this for about 3 months now so im sure.

gona need a good router though.. anyone got any info, never used 1 nore needed 1 till now. have heard plenty of horror stories and dont wana live any of them lol....
                          bugs?...what bugs?
                          Current member of the

Comment

their new, they have bugs, and hell you cant use it to its fullest without installing VISTA. and theres alot of bugs with vista right now also...its new lol... new + new = bad

the 7950 gt ko is 200 and something bucks, its in by buget range right now cause im gettin a new 19 monitor also to replace this 15" lcd im using.

ill look at the 8800 and or ati's when they get 1 out and go from there. hell i believe the only drivers out for the 8800's and vista are beta drivers right now. nvidia hasnt even came out with drivers for vista have they???

Comment

nVidia has WHQL drivers for non-8800 cards. The beta drivers are unified for 8800 and non-8800, which I'm using now for my 7900GT. They definitely need work but it's not like I can't play games.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X