Game Folding/Minimizing Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Folding/Minimizing Problem

Okay, this has been bothering me for sometime now, but everytime I'm playing BF2142, the game would fold to desktop after a extended period of time.

My Dvd drive would start to spin, then the game would fold to desktop, and when I try to go back, the game locks up and crashes. Any clue on how to prevent this from happening?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Game Folding/Minimizing Problem

Very strange...this is probably a silly question, but are you sure you aren't pressing alt+tab in-game? I have my TS talk key set to my alt key and once in a while when I'm talking I'll try to look at the scoreboard using the tab key and voila, out of the game.

Alternately, you might want to try disabling the autoplay on your DVD drive. I have no idea why it would decide to auto-play in the middle of a game, but who knows.

Also, make sure that you don't have windows indexing turned on for your DVD drive. Just thinking out loud here, but it's possible windows is trying to idex the drive for some reason.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Game Folding/Minimizing Problem

I was not using alt-tab at all.

And I have disabled my autoplay feature...but I don't know if it has any effect yet. Guess I'll know in a day or so.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X