Photo Sharing Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Sharing Advice

Can anyone recommend a family friendly photo sharing site. By family friendly I mean computer illiterate. I went on vacation an took some photos and I want to share them with a bunch of people in a thumbnail webpage format maybe. Free would be a plus.

Re: Photo Sharing Advice

I'm a fan of google's site because A) It's free B) It's virtually unlimited space C) It let's you upload the full-resolution version (so friends/family can DL and print) and finally D) Visitors can "save-all" with one click.

http://picasa.google.com/

Comment

http://pages.google.com/?pli=1

easy to use website setup thru your gmail account. If you need a Gmail Invite let me know. It has plenty of templates and what you see is what you get formats.
      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        I'm a fan of google's site because A) It's free B) It's virtually unlimited space C) It let's you upload the full-resolution version (so friends/family can DL and print) and finally D) Visitors can "save-all" with one click.

http://picasa.google.com/
        I second this. I've tried a dozen different places but few worked well or were cost effective. Google's picasa worked great for me. The desktop app is easy to use and can easily create web photo albums to share with friends & fam.

My google albums <-- this is what you would show the friends & fam. Simple URL too.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys, Nice wedding and honeymoon. Has anyone ordered prints? I wonder how the prints would come out.

Comment

I love picasa as well. It makes zipping through 245 cat pictures quick and painless.

If you are looking for a bit more pizzaz and flexibility check out something like godaddy.com You can get your own domain name, web site, photo album for a very cheap monthly price. This will allow you to put more than just pictures up. I have two sites with them that my wife maintains. To get custom skins you'll have to use an FTP client to upload new skin packs, but it's fairly painless. The album package has a plugin for ordering prints too. It's all pretty easy to setup.

But if you are looking to just put up pictures painlessly picasa is the way to go.
            flux
            [tg-c1]

Comment

Not so much for sharing digital pics (you can't view them full size online), but for sharing prints, I've found Shutterfly to be fantastic. When my son was born, we were paying film developers a LOT of money to have quadruple prints of all of our photos to send to family. Now, we just mail the film to Shutterfly, or upload our digital pics, and then anyone can order the prints that they want. The cost per print is obviously more than your local developer, but that's made up by the fact that you're only printing the good ones that you actually want.

Here's a link to one of my albums from Xmas at the Wild Animal Park in Escondido, CA: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0atWZC&notag=1
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

A good advice on sharing pictures:
                Do not share pictures of youselves in the nude. Just ask ms Hilton.
                --
                VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

I just tried Google's Picasa Web Albums after reading this thread. Pretty cool. I like it a lot. One of the things I've always complained about in the various pic sharing services is that you can either view a pic or get the full-sized print, but never both. Picasa seems to offer the best of both worlds. View the images online, or grab the full-sized version for print. The service includes support for tagging and even supports native Vista tags

Note: The free web album service allows only 250MB worth of pics. For $25/year you can upgrad to 6.25GB.

Last edited by Twisted_Firestarter; 02-05-2007, 05:24 PM.
                  Twisted Firestarter
                  a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                    Thanks guys, Nice wedding and honeymoon. Has anyone ordered prints? I wonder how the prints would come out.
                    I don't know if anyone has ordered prints off of those. Most of those were provided by our wedding photographer so I haven't had to order prints yet. We already paid for some umpteen million already from the photog.

Originally posted by flux View Post
                    I love picasa as well. It makes zipping through 245 cat pictures quick and painless.
                    You're just jealous flux that there are more cat pictures than there are of you. Don't make me make a flux photo album. (note to everyone else... flux is one of the groomsmen.)
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...