Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My MP3 player is dying, and it's my birthday soon . . .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MP3 player is dying, and it's my birthday soon . . .

So, I think I might just treat myself to a new one. I'd be interested to hear your recommendations, and what you think of the Zune. I currently have 20Gb capacity, and don't really need much more. However, Mrs. Maus gets annoyed by how much TV I watch on my computer, so if I could get one that plays video that'd be cool -- then I could watch my TV on the way to work, assuming the video player recognized the format of the shows.

So, to recap:

1) What players do y'all use/like/dislike?
    2) Is the Zune any good?
    3) What formats of video are typically supported? I'm guessing I'd need some kind of divx support, but video codecs are not something I understand too well.
    2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
    BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Re: My MP3 player is dying, and it's my birthday soon . . .

Originally posted by Maus View Post
    However, Mrs. Maus gets annoyed by how much TV I watch on my computer
    Heh, I do that, it's nice being able to do other stuff while watching TV. MythTV ftw. :)

Sorry, I can't recommend any MP3 players, I keep thinking that I need to get one, but end up buying stuff for my computer instead...
    |TG| Lorian
    Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

There's the video iPod but I only recommend it for music. The screen is too small for enjoying a video. Plus, you have to convert the video to h.264 format.

The Creative Zen Vision might be a better choice. The screen is a little bigger and I believe it supports DivX. The device is a little bigger (20GB version is about the size of the 60GB video iPod). This is probably the best choice for video since you won't have to convert any video.

The only reason I don't recommend the Zune is RSS support. If you want to sync some podcasts, it doesn't support it. You have to manually organize your podcasts. I'm not even sure if the Zen Vision has RSS support either.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

You can always look into one of these:

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...&product=15752

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...