Mouse-look not working in game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse-look not working in game

I just reinstalled FarCry after a long while of not playing it. I dled and installed the cumulative v1.4 patch, created my n52 profile, and booted the game.

Everything was fine, and I adjusted video, audio, etc.

Then I hopped into the game, and this is when it happened: I had no mouse-look. Mouse worked fine in all the menus and such, but when I got into the game, there was no mouse-look. I looked in the options to make sure there was no free-look-toggle deactivated, but there wasn't. Nothing on logitech's website (I have an LX7 Cordless Optical mouse) OR on Ubi's site about this problem.

I tried using the mouse with my reciever plugged into my PS/2 port next, and rebooted my machine and started up FarCry again. Again, no mouse-look response, while the mouse worked perfectly elsewhere.

I tried unplugging my n52 and seeing how that worked, and same response.

Now, last time I played FarCry, I was using an older Logitech cordless, and it worked fine. I also had my n52 then as well and the two interacted just fine.

So, I'm wondering what is up with this mouse? What can I do to get the mouse-look enabled in-game.

It should be noted that the mouse works just fine in-game for all my other games.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Re: Mouse-look not working in game

Have you tried looking at the FileFront's FarCry forum section for additional help? I can't say I've tried FarCry after switch over to my Logi G7...so I can't tell you if I would also experience a similiar problem.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I looked a little bit. Filefront doesn't exactly have the easiest-to-search forums.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

Hmm...you have a point there :p

Let me try it out this weekend and see if I get the same problem. Have you tried looking into the .ini (or whatever extension those files are)...the one that saves your keybinds and such and checking to see if free mouse didn't save correctly (or whatever it is for mouse aiming)?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

it automatically uses the mouse for aiming. that's the thing. though they DID add support for game pads/joysticks, and I KNOW it detects the n52 as a gamepad. the thing that's wierd is that even when I disconnect the n52, it still doesn't let the mouse be used for mouse-look.

I'm going to check the .ini files anyway to see what I can find (I know about how to edit those a bit).

Edit: Just looked for the .ini files and couldn't except for something called rc. Anyway, they didn't have anything I was looking for, and I also found out that it DID recognize the mouse, b/c I found these lines in log.txt

Input initialization
          Initializing Direct Input
          Direct Input initialized (CryInputDLL)
          Initializing Keyboard
          Keyboard initialized
          Initializing mouse
          Mouse initialized
          Found 0 joystick devices
          Cannot find joystick device
          Cannot initialize joystick

Comment

Hmm, that's weird. Is your DirectX the latest? Sometimes older games have DX installers that don't check for newer versions and overwrite the newer version with the older one. That could be a cause for no mouse function in ingame play.

Have you adjusted mouse sensitivity ingame? It could be that it somehow set it itself all the way down.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

yup and yup. when FarCry came out, it was still 9.0b. I have 9.0c installed.

I also turned sensitivity all the way up. Nadda. No movement of the view what-so-ever.

Comment

Hmm, give me till like Thursday, I'll try out FryCry after I get back from classes on Thursday.

In the meantime, try a different USB port on the back of your system. Sometimes it could be some IRQ conflict with that particular USB port.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X