TeamSpeak and 2142 VoIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TeamSpeak and 2142 VoIP

Okay, I'm sure about half of TG know by now, some of us, myself included, have problems using ingame VoIP and TS at the same time. Either TS messes up and crashes, or we become staticy on 2142 VoIP.

So far, after rereading some of the other posts that talked about this problem (both here and on goteamspeak.com), I know it is not a hardware issue, it has nothing to do with Logitech keyboards, mice, or Logitech software. Now the problem seems to revolve around TS and 2142. Some have mentioned a OpenAL fix, which doesn't work.

Does anyone know a fix or work around for this problem, that actually works? And also, does anyone know if the problem is with 2142, TS, or a combination of the two?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: TeamSpeak and 2142 VoIP

What port do they both use? If they use the same one (unlikley) that may flood the line, but I have never had that problem before.

Comment

Well according to TSRC2's manual, it uses port 8269, but I'm not able to find the port that BF2142's voip uses. But if the list of UDP/TCP ports listed in the support.ea.com website also includes the voip port, then both ingame voip and TS do not use the same ports.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

What soundcard are you using?

Comment

SB Audigy LS. It's not my sound card. People who have onboard sound and crappy $3 mice have the same problem. Although I wish it was.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

More detailed specs- OS, drivers, hardware, motherboard etc.? What are the troubleshooting steps you have taken? Is any of your audio hardware USB?

Comment

Pentium D 805
              ASUS P5PE-VM
              SB Audigy LS (PCI)
              7600GS (AGP)

GFX drivers are forceware 93.71 (if i remember correctly)
              Sound drivers are the latest from Creative.
              Motherboard's onboard video and sound have been disabled (through BIOS).

I have tried adjusting the hardware acceleration for sound through dxdiag, no help. I have adjusted every other possible setting in Windows and in game, nothing is solving the problem.

I can't seem to use VoIP at all when TS is running (even though I'm not connected to server on TS). VoIP will go static once TS is running. I can use TS fine when it's running along side 2142, but not the other way around.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Pentium D 805
                ASUS P5PE-VM
                SB Audigy LS (PCI)
                7600GS (AGP)

GFX drivers are forceware 93.71 (if i remember correctly)
                Sound drivers are the latest from Creative.
                Motherboard's onboard video and sound have been disabled (through BIOS).

I have tried adjusting the hardware acceleration for sound through dxdiag, no help. I have adjusted every other possible setting in Windows and in game, nothing is solving the problem.

I can't seem to use VoIP at all when TS is running (even though I'm not connected to server on TS). VoIP will go static once TS is running. I can use TS fine when it's running along side 2142, but not the other way around.
                Follow the teamspeak link in my sig. If you have a Creative card, you migh want to try this set-up (works for my Audigy 2):

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

That's the exact settings I have.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Is this relevant to your set-up ?

(from the BF2142 readme)

The following sound cards do not support hardware audio renderer option:

Creative Labs SB Audigy LS

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

If I were you, I would go to Bestbuy and tryout a X-fi. Then return it if it doesn't work or you can get a better price online.

Comment

Well I can't afford anymore hardware until around mid-summer when I start on my new system.

And yes I know my Audigy LS doesn't have a DSP. That should not pose a problem to having TS and ingame VoIP running at the same time. Like I said, a lot of people using onboard sound also have the same problem (onboard sound doesn't have a DSP either).

Irronically, once in a blue moon, I can run TS and ingame VoIP together on the private server. Other than that, the two refuse to get along.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I am having trouble finding the ip for the teamspeak server, any clues as to where it could be ;)?
                          Drakin

Comment

The info for the TG TS server is in my signature.
                            Retired 6th DB

Comment

i have crappy onboard sound and cheap mouse and even a cheap keyboard, but my 2142 and TS seem to work perfect...any of you tell me how i sound? do i sound staticy?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X