Building a new system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new system

I really need to get a system built and stop playing on my laptop. Problem is I am broke.... so what can I build that will run Joint Ops, DC, probably GR once I find my CD decently without setting me back to far. Any feedback would be apreciated.

ACU Web| | |

Re: Building a new system

Well I play all those games on my system here's a quick rundown

ACPI Motherboard with a Pentium 4 2.0
    512 megs of ram
    Nvidia 5600 256meg FX video card
    Soundblaster live 5.1 sound card
    Samsung CD-R/RW
    Samsung CD-ROM
    Basic full tower case
    KDS XFlat pannel 21" Monitor
    Logitech Softouch keyboard
    Logitec Optical MX 310 5 Button Mouse

Motherboard ran me $600 with prossessor Installed /Video Card was $150 at wallmart Soundcard was $49 at staples and the Monitor was $99 on sale at Wallmart also A case will run you minimum of about $60 and drives are wicked cheap right now $60 on up..... The ram was $100 at Staples. Keyboard and mouse $30 each at Staples...

You could build a decent Game system for $1600 Easy Minimum $1500

Comment

I think you could be just over the $1000 mark if you shopped around, especially if you already have a few things e.g. mouse, keyboard, opperating system, software etc.
      Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

True... I pretty much jsut need a killer tower, have all the mouse, keyboard,monitor and so on. I do need a joystick though... I can spread 1k out and make it happen I think, thanks for the feedback.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by wwwMEMORYnet
          I really need to get a system built and stop playing on my laptop. Problem is I am broke.... so what can I build that will run Joint Ops, DC, probably GR once I find my CD decently without setting me back to far. Any feedback would be apreciated.
          Post what your current specs are. We might be able to figure out a way to change just a few parts to get your machine game ready.
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asch
            Post what your current specs are. We might be able to figure out a way to change just a few parts to get your machine game ready.

... I have a Thinkpad laptop. And one of my memory slots just stopped working... nothing to do that I am aware of

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Oh, so you need to build a complete tower? What's your budget?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Oh, so you need to build a complete tower? What's your budget?
                I need to build a whole new tower... I dont really have a budget right now. I want to get an idea of what it will cost to get it going so that I can spread it out over the next month or two (or three if I have to). I have a system from work I am going to try to use, its a little mini tower but I think it is faster than my laptop. With only 512 RAM and a crap video card the lag is taking the fun out of DC for me. My TKs have gone up and my frags have gone down. I try to defend but if someone get within 20 feet of me the game lags.... So I am jsut trying to figure out my options.

ACU Web| | |

Comment

i not too sure on whats best in the US but i used newegg to price this up......im guessing you will be ok for memory though? :p

Motherboards - AMD

**This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only!!**

ASUS "K8V SE Deluxe" K8T800 Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 754 CPU -RETAIL
                  Item# N82E16813131490
                  Save to Buy Later

Remove Item
                  $126.00

$126.00

qualifies for extended warranty
                  Processors

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1 MB L2 Cache, the Only 64-bit Windows Compatible Processor - OEM
                  Item# N82E16819103413
                  Save to Buy Later

Remove Item
                  $270.00

$270.00

Video Cards

ATI RADEON 9800PRO Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP -RETAIL
                  Item# N82E16814102286
                  Save to Buy Later

Remove Item
                  $222.00

$222.00

Extend My Standard Warranty on the above qualifying items for: $37.08

Product total: $618.00
                  FedEx International Economy - PR ONLY APO/FPO - Military ONLY FedEx Standard Overnight FedEx 2Day FedEx Express Saver Choose state AA AP AE ALASKA ALABAMA ARKANSAS ARIZONA CALIFORNIA COLORADO CONNECTICUT DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA DELAWARE FLORIDA GEORGIA HAWAII IOWA IDAHO ILLINOIS INDIANA KANSAS KENTUCKY LOUISIANA MASSACHUSETTS MARYLAND MAINE MICHIGAN MINNESOTA MISSOURI MISSISSIPPI MONTANA NORTH CAROLINA NORTH DAKOTA NEBRASKA NEW HAMPSHIRE NEW JERSEY NEW MEXICO NEVADA NEW YORK OHIO OKLAHOMA OREGON PENNSYLVANIA PUERTO RICO RHODE ISLAND SOUTH CAROLINA SOUTH DAKOTA TENNESSEE TEXAS UTAH VIRGINIA VERMONT WASHINGTON WISCONSIN WEST VIRGINIA WYOMING Shipping & Handling: $ 0.00
                  Total (Before tax): $ 618.00

oooh dear bad pasting ;)
                  From Adam Webb

Comment

so, what do you need?

case? PSU?
                    monitor?
                    gfx card?
                    MB?
                    ram?
                    CPU?

is there anything u can use from your old setup?

hmm and i dont like how newegg works...its all clutterd and hard to use. What other online shops you lot use over there?
                    From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                      so, what do you need?

case? PSU?
                      monitor?
                      gfx card?
                      MB?
                      ram?
                      CPU?

is there anything u can use from your old setup?

hmm and i dont like how newegg works...its all clutterd and hard to use. What other online shops you lot use over there?
                      I have a laptop that is mine. I do have monitor, keyboard, mouse though. And a CDR for a tower. I need everything else. But yeah I think I can find the mem for a good price if I look real hard ;)

case
                      PSU
                      gfx card
                      MB
                      CPU

... I think I might sell my street bike so I have some cash. I finally got the pink today for it and I am not sure what to do. I really want to ride it.... but I think I will get more use out of a good PC, gaming and work wise. Anyone want to trade a System for a 96 Katana 600? :)

ACU Web| | |

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                        www.NewEgg.com owns you.

But I also use www.essencompu.com and have heard good things about www.ZipZoomFly.com

I've also had good experiences at www.compuplus.com and www.axiontech.com

BUT, when searching for prices for planning/comparison, I ALWAYS use www.pricewatch.com.
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i dunno...i just found new egg hard to find things....each to there own i guess
                          From Adam Webb

Comment

zipzoooooooooooooooooomfllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyy (oops)

Product Description Quantity UnitPrice ExtPrice

80701-R
                            AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Processor Retail *** Free 2nd Day ***
                            Remove $279.00 $279.00

Asus K8V SE Deluxe Via K8T800 AMD Athlon 64 Skt754 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day***
                            Remove $122.00 $122.00

Antec Sonata Quiet Mid Tower Case (Piano Black) Retail
                            Remove $109.00 $109.00

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail ***Free 2nd Day***
                            Remove $277.00 $277.00

For more information about tax, please click here. Subtotal: $787.00

not bah huh?
                            From Adam Webb

Comment

or if you dont wana spend that much......

Product Description Quantity UnitPrice ExtPrice

Antec Sonata Quiet Mid Tower Case (Piano Black) Retail
                              Remove $109.00 $109.00

ATI Radeon 9800 PRO AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI Retail ***Free 2nd Day***
                              Remove $277.00 $277.00

80170-R
                              AMD Athlon XP 2500+ 1.83GHz 333FSB 512KB Processor Retail *** Free 2nd Day ***
                              Remove $80.00 $80.00

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe nForce2 Ultra 400 Athlon(XP)/Duron SktA DDR ATX Motherbaord w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, Serial ATA Retail ***Free 2nd Day***
                              Remove $99.99 $99.99

For more information about tax, please click here. Subtotal: $565.99

a good "entry" level PC.......
                              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...