No announcement yet.

Ear Force X-52 5.1 surround sound headphones

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear Force X-52 5.1 surround sound headphones

Was looking around on their site and came across these.

Ear Force X-52 headphones give PC gamers a competitive edge by reproducing 5.1 surround sound via eight high-quality speakers.
    Unlike stereo headphones, the X-52's can reproduce 3D positional sound cues that are otherwise obtainable only with surround sound speaker systems, which are inconvenient to set up and often disturb others online or nearby.
    True 5.1 surround sound from 8 speakers
    High-fidelity, large diaphragm drivers
    Compact folding design for portability
    Dual sub-woofers for deep vibrating bass
    Super comfortable for long gaming sessions
    Professional-grade quality stands up to hard play
    Can also be used as stereo headphones
    Perfect for late-night gaming

Re: Ear Force X-52 5.1 surround sound headphones

This is the grade below the Ear Force HPA 5.1 surround headset. From what I've seen, a nice headset, but still not as good as TB's top dollar model (though the HPA is not the most comfortable headset to wear for hours on end....though tonight was the first night I wore them for about 3 to 4 hours and didn't notice any discomfort at all).

The biggest difference that I can see is the lack of an in-line amp with the x52. However, TB still advertises true rumbling bass. I kind of doubt it'll be able to REALLY deliver like the HPA's can.

Anyway, seems like a nice headset if you aren't willing to spend ALOT of money on the medusas or the TB HPAs. Don't buy from TB's website, though, as you'll be able to find the x52's for much cheaper online or at Fry's, or elsewhere.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed