Looking for Media programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Media programs

I've heard several rumors about two particular programs out there, the first being a media center one which syncs your tv recordings to cut out the commercials, the other is one that lets you burn dvd movies to your hard drive. Could someone please tell me the names of these programs? thnx.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
    Einstein

Re: Looking for Media programs

Well I can't help you with the first one, since I don't know of any. But the second one...that one is in gray territory. I'll let a moderator or admin show you in the right direction.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

1) Found SageTV, but it isn't free.

2) For DVD Ripping, here are a view guides: http://www.doom9.org/descrambling-guides.htm

After you have the .VOBs ripped, you would need a program like Gordian Knot to convert them to XVid/Divx etc.

Not exactly a simple [Click here to rip DVD to XVid] process unfortunately.

Comment

DVDShrink in conjunction with DVDcrypt (iirc) works well...

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

ok, thnx. How about burning a game to your hard drive so you dont need a cd?
          "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
          Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis_Maximus View Post
            ok, thnx. How about burning a game to your hard drive so you dont need a cd?
            Look for a mini-image if possible to conserve space. Also, there are full disc images that are compressed very tiny because it's just the copy protection required disc verification (still need the original disc to install the game). You don't really have to bother with making your own images.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X