computer temps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer temps

i was wondering what is the ideal (yes.. colder is better) 'safe range' for the temp of your CPU / mobo / GPU ( i have programs that can read all of these.. and control (via fan speeds) whatever target temperature i set...

currently.. i run these temps

Idle :

CPU = 42C
    MB = 33C
    GPU = 43C

playing BF2142

CPU = 49
    MB = 35
    GPU = 50

what is the safe range? what does your rig run at?

EDIT: cpu is OC'ed from 2.2 to 2.65 ( AMD X2 4400+ ) (if u were thinking my CPU temps were higher than norm)
    EDIT: current setup 3dmark06 = 4989
    Last edited by Tonk; 02-19-2007, 09:08 PM.
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: computer temps

Well that's pretty normal.

Honestly, as long as it is under whatever temp AMD considers their CPUs to be overheating, then your temperature is fine. Same goes for your mobo and gpu.

Personally, I like to keep my CPU temp a good 10 C below what the overheating temp is.

My specs:

On idle, my CPU runs at: 38 C
    mobo runs at: 23 C
    GPU runs at: 25 C

On load...
    CPU: 49-50 C
    MB: ~31 C
    GPU: 34 C? (not sure, can't see while in game)

In my own experience, this is a good safe range I'm in.

Why 10 C you may ask? My systems may not always be in a cool room during the summers, so from experience my older P4 was a good 5 C higher in temps in a hot dorm room compared to a warm bedroom.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Those are great temps.

Comment

My CPU temp could be lower if I had invested more into a better heatsink fan, but since budget was tight and the stock fan was better than the old P4 ones, I figured it was worth the savings.

What I would really like to see is some of the TGers here who have the Core 2 Duo CPUs and what temps they have with it on idle and load with stock and with a better heatsink fan.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          My CPU temp could be lower if I had invested more into a better heatsink fan, but since budget was tight and the stock fan was better than the old P4 ones, I figured it was worth the savings.

What I would really like to see is some of the TGers here who have the Core 2 Duo CPUs and what temps they have with it on idle and load with stock and with a better heatsink fan.
          Ask and you shall recieve my friend.

My core 2 duo 6600 stays at about 40c and after playing 2142 for a few hours I have seen it go up to about 45c. It is over clocked to 2.7.
          I have the Artic 7 cooler
          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835186134
          My roomate has the same thing with the stock cooler and gets about the same temps I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Grunge View Post
            Those are great temps.
            whos temps?
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Nice Temps Tonk :) No need to worry.
              [defense]

Comment

I have a e6400 clocked at 3.2GHz with a Zalman 9500 and my temps are:

33C-34C Idle
                55C-56C Load

I did have my CPU at 3.5GHz, but the temperatures got slightly over 60C, and I'm too much of a wuss to leave my CPU at 60C.

Comment

My CPU P4HT 3.0ghz stays around 35-40C and HD around 40C. My X1950XTX idles around 70C and I have seen it go up to 77C during playing.

Comment

:O

70C! Is that not bad for the GPU to be that hot (seeing how after 61.4C, intel cpus start throttling)?
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

CPU's start having heating issues at around 60C+. 70C is where the fail safes kick in (throttling, emergency shut-downs) and general consensus is that at around 80C you will have complete device failure (ie: the thing will melt in short order).

GPU's do not run at the same temp scale. 70C was normal operating temp for the 6600GT card. It used to be that 90C was the red line for GPU's, but I haven't kept up with the last couple lines. I know I started having artifacts at 80C.
                      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I put one of those zalman heat sink fans on my 7600GT and have not seen it go above 45c. I also overclocked the card a little bit.

Comment

ya, temps are fine dude.

temps killed me last summer when we had a bf2 scrim...i could barely play for 2 minutes before my comp kept restarting itself. It was like 90 F out without air conditioning on. My GPU temp was almost 100+C and my CPU temp was around 60C i think. I recently got a water cooling unit with a watercooled 8800gtx and my temps are-

idle
                          27C - CPU
                          50C - GPU

load
                          33C - CPU
                          57C - GPU

id say my temp problems are fixed :D

Comment

I've had a 3200 idling at 50C+ for several years and it is still kicking. It's no longer a gaming machine but it was for at least two years. I begin to worry when it gets much over 60. My system shutdown is set to around 70C.
                            flux
                            [tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by Snail88 View Post
                              ya, temps are fine dude.

temps killed me last summer when we had a bf2 scrim...i could barely play for 2 minutes before my comp kept restarting itself. It was like 90 F out without air conditioning on. My GPU temp was almost 100+C and my CPU temp was around 60C i think. I recently got a water cooling unit with a watercooled 8800gtx and my temps are-

idle
                              27C - CPU
                              50C - GPU

load
                              33C - CPU
                              57C - GPU

id say my temp problems are fixed :D
                              how much did it run you to convert to water cooling? how do u like it?