Video Cards?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Cards?

What is the best video card under $200 available by nVidia and ATI?
    Why is one better than the other?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Video Cards?

do you need to ask really?

ATI9800pro 128mb.........retails under 199 at the US shops i just checked, so a ATI9800pro 256mb OEM might dip near that......but then im not sure a ATI9800pro has the power needed for 256mb.... IE once games use the 256mb ram, they need something faster than a 9800pro core.
    From Adam Webb

Comment

At the local Future Shop:

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB Video Card: $349.99 CDN = 254.619 USD (approx)
      ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB Video Card: $749.99 CDN = 547.138 USD (approx)

Checked the local Staples and they don't have much.
      My sister works at the local Microage Computer Store and I think her prices
      are similar.

I would like a better card but not at those prices. :icon_frow
      Last edited by HSantal; 05-20-2004, 03:09 PM.
      I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

The card I have handles everything so far... will probably have to upgrade for HL2, but I run full throttle with BFV.

nVidia GeForce4 5700 Ultra 128 MB. You can get it for around $150. Maybe even cheaper with rebates. I won't get into which card is better thing. All I know is the driver support for this card has been great. Never had a problem.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eternal
          HSantal I don't know where you are shopping buddy but look around a little more. :)
          C eh! n eh! d eh! Crappy exchange rate....

And I will shop around more. Perhaps Toronto.
          I do what I can.

cpgf: (n.) Acronym describing a significant other who has not yet acheived full spousal status and is in possession of a cable modem; of note because at YOUR house, you still have dial-up -- and crappy dialup at that.

Comment

right now, you'd be mad* to buy a Nvidia video card right now imo....unless its a 6800ultra.........and even then theres still a better choice out there...cheaper, better looking, smaller, faster the X800XT.....

man i should work for ATI.........

*i could think of a better word, but it would be deleted..........
            From Adam Webb

Comment

I have a GF4 Ti/4600 128MB right now. So I'd expect it to have a considerable performance jump. I've been too busy to stay in the loop with video cards, so i'm back at noob level here.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                I have a GF4 Ti/4600 128MB right now. So I'd expect it to have a considerable performance jump. I've been too busy to stay in the loop with video cards, so i'm back at noob level here.
                I have the same card and I play GR, BFDC, BFV with all settings on max at 1280x1024 on a 19 inch Samsung 191T plus. I see know reason for me to upgrade until later this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by +PARADOX+
                  I have the same card and I play GR, BFDC, BFV with all settings on max at 1280x1024 on a 19 inch Samsung 191T plus. I see know reason for me to upgrade until later this summer.
                  I saw what games like FarCry and Joint Ops **COULD** look like. And let me tell you, it's nothing like what I see on MY screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    I saw what games like FarCry and Joint Ops **COULD** look like. And let me tell you, it's nothing like what I see on MY screen.

IMO, your not going to get that with 200.

What till the new Nvidia cards and ATI cards are out then buy, cause prices of the Top Performers now will drop quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                      IMO, your not going to get that with 200.

What till the new Nvidia cards and ATI cards are out then buy, cause prices of the Top Performers now will drop quickly.
                      he will a 9800pro will run ANYTHING out now, and will even be fine for HL2, doom3..........hell my 9700pro is ok with farcry.....

and the top performers now wont drop quickly.... they will almost disapear into thin air :icon_lol:
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X