Motherbolard Bio's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherbolard Bio's

ok guys here it is i have a asus p5n-e sli mb... i looked at the drivers for it and a few are out of date. the one im looking at is my onboard audio. i have never updated my mb bio's before and am wonder how i do this. i dont wana frak things up by doing this without knowing what im doing so im asking for alittle help :)

the onboard sound is by realtek never heard of them but thats what it is

i dont have the money for a sound card yet so i have to do what i have to do.

any help you can provide me will go along way :)

Re: Motherbolard Bio's

Flash update the BIOS only if it fixes an issue. If you're having problems with the onboard sound, you most likely have to enable it in the BIOS settings and install the drivers. You might not have to flash the BIOS at all.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

ok well this is the problem im having.. in 2142 and bf2 the mic gain is extremely low and theres no mic boost option(its grayed out)

even in the sound options in the computer settings the mic increase and decrease bar is grayed out. otherwise theres no way i can find to increase the volume of the mic.

its onboard sound and realtek is the maker.... ts works fine but the ingame voip is well screwed..... havent realy tried to use it ingame yet but i can barely get it to work in the game settup section....

any ideas m8's???

Comment

Sarc's on the money...if it's working with no issues don't need to fix it. Realtek as a driver to update that is independent of the motherboard bios.

I've been building my own rigs for about 4 1/2 years and I've not flashed to a new bios once since I've been doing it...guess I've been lucky...or not...I did lots of research on component compatibility during pre build prep.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

People are having problems with the latest bios for the P5N-E SLI mobos.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I update to the new BIOS all the time, in fact I flashed my BIOS to the newest version today.

Note: I don't have the motherboard in question

Comment

I flash to current every few months, when I remember to check for updates that is.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

well i know with the dell i had i had to download to floppy,,,,, is that still the case????

i have a asus P5N-E SLI board

Comment

Asus has a flash utility that does everything automatically from within Windows. I have used it several times and it is pretty "dummy proof". You literally just dowload the file and the program does the rest. It is located on your CDRom that came from Asus, but like Grunt said, not too many times when a BOIS flash is really needed.

As for the Realtek drivers causing problems, I have never had any issues, even with Vista. They perform well, enough to not justify buying an expensive sound card. The easiest fix for Mic problems is to use a USB headset, you can never go wrong and the quality on the cheapest models is normally higher than most stereo type input models.
                  "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                    Asus has a flash utility that does everything automatically from within Windows. I have used it several times and it is pretty "dummy proof". You literally just dowload the file and the program does the rest. It is located on your CDRom that came from Asus, but like Grunt said, not too many times when a BOIS flash is really needed.

As for the Realtek drivers causing problems, I have never had any issues, even with Vista. They perform well, enough to not justify buying an expensive sound card. The easiest fix for Mic problems is to use a USB headset, you can never go wrong and the quality on the cheapest models is normally higher than most stereo type input models.

but the problem is there is NO mic adjustment,, none ziltch, nada.

ive checked everything and have gone through all the setting and there is no way to turn the MIC volume control on and no MIC boost section...otherwise im stuck with the reg mic settings.. when using TS its fine,, but ingame voip in BF2 or 2142 its hard for anyone to hear me, i have to YELL into my headset, lol

Comment

Have you considered a sound card? I would recommend an audigy 2 at minimum or x-fi preferred, but if cost is an issue you can get sound cards for under 8 bucks.
                      Flashing bios may or may not fix the prob, but onboard sound sounds like a service announcement on the overhead, inside of a NYC subway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                        I don't know what you consider to be an "expensive" sound card, but onboard sound does not in any way compare to a decent sound card. I use a Plantronics DSP500 USB headset and I love it, but it's nowhere near the quality of my Audigy2.

Friends don't let friends use onboard sound...
                        Become a supporting member!
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Newegg has the X-Fi Extreme gamer edition on sale for $10 off and it comes with a $20 mail in rebate.
                          http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16829102006

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post

Friends don't let friends use onboard sound...
                            Cing, that hurts.. Right here!! :row__523:

On board audio is never as good, but a USB headset and a decent headset works good (for me at least). I have the same headset in the DSP-500 and I am able to adjust my audio settings 3 ways in game, with the normal in game adjustments (least preferred), volume control on the headset itself, and lastly my G15 keyboard. All 3 give me adjustments that work fine. But that all being said, BF2 is not a game I have ever tested it out on, I have another dozen that it works on though.
                            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

<3 the fact that dell releases new bios updates every time the temperature in Hell drops 50 degrees, read: never.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X