Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Computer Advice

    Alright, heres the situation. I am looking for nice little computer that will alow me to stock up on alot of games, have a good size in memory, and looks cool and between $300-$450. What type should I get?
    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
    -Murphy

  • #2
    Re: Computer Advice

    just computer, not monitor, etc.?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Computer Advice

      http://forums.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=6831


      lots of useful feedback in here. I asked a similar questions a few days ago and the feedback was great



      ACU Web| | |

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Computer Advice

        All I need is a computer, no monitor or printer (as long as a Hp pavilion monitor and printer works on any types of computers)
        If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
        -Murphy

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Computer Advice

          $400 won't get you far for a gaming computer. You'll need around double that to get anything decent unless you're reusing parts from the old one. Take a look at the thread Memory posted. He's in a similar situation as you.

          - It's who you game with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Computer Advice

            Well I think I could put some extra money into it. I am not broke like memory (no offense), I can put some $200 more into my investment from my dad or something and look into a Alien Software computer.
            If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
            -Murphy

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Computer Advice

              Originally posted by LegionPaulL
              Well I think I could put some extra money into it. I am not broke like memory (no offense), I can put some $200 more into my investment from my dad or something and look into a Alien Software computer.
              none taken. I am broke ;)
              Once your on your own you'll know what broke really means :) No dad money for my system. And bills come first....



              ACU Web| | |

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Computer Advice

                So true and very sad for me. I wish I could be a teen with financial support forever. O'well, until then, I will enjoy my High School years. I think If Alien Ware is to expensive, I will look at whatever yall say to look at.
                If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
                -Murphy

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Computer Advice

                  Originally posted by LegionPaulL
                  So true and very sad for me. I wish I could be a teen with financial support forever. O'well, until then, I will enjoy my High School years. I think If Alien Ware is to expensive, I will look at whatever yall say to look at.
                  no doubt, its a good place to be :)



                  ACU Web| | |

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Computer Advice

                    Does anyone have any good brands of computers to talk about? If so, I'll probably be back tommarow, I have to call it a wrap for now, good bye.
                    If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
                    -Murphy

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Computer Advice

                      Tell us what your current configuration, brands etc are. Then once we see what we can work with, then we can suggest places to upgrade and prority areas.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Computer Advice

                        This is Legions big bro. I am the computer expert in the family I guess. Our old PC was an HP Pavilion Model CRAP. I hated its guts and I hope it lies in PC hell. I was looking at just getting a relatively old computer (NOT HP, more like Gateway or something). Currently we have no computer of our own. Sad I know. I was gonna update the video card and the 3dAccelerator. More later.
                        If it is stupid but works, then it is not stupid.
                        -Murphy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Computer Advice

                          I saw a BomB deal by Dell, 3ghz Pent w/HT, monitor, printer/scaner/copier. I believe it was 600 or something.

                          DUUUDE, Your getting a dell.


                          I just couldnt resist.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Computer Advice

                            build it yourself and make up the name brand.... save yourself years of hating ANOTHER company.
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

                            If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Computer Advice

                              Originally posted by LegionPaulL
                              This is Legions big bro. I am the computer expert in the family I guess. Our old PC was an HP Pavilion Model CRAP. I hated its guts and I hope it lies in PC hell. I was looking at just getting a relatively old computer (NOT HP, more like Gateway or something). Currently we have no computer of our own. Sad I know. I was gonna update the video card and the 3dAccelerator. More later.
                              I have here a Compaq s6300nx with a AMD athlon 2800+ it came with 512MB ram and added another 512MB. I got a decent gaming system for about $700. all I did was add my GF4ti4200 to it and now I'm doing fine.

                              Circuit city has some good deals for us budget minded people. but hey, that's just me.


                              Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

                              George S. Patton

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X