Network Management solutions, Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Management solutions, Help!

Can any1 recommend any good Network Utilities or Network management software. Free or Trial would be nice. I am after something that enables me to control the access of 4 PC's to the Internet which are on a home network. Ideally i need something that enables me to control bandwidth allocation.
    [defense]

Re: Network Management solutions, Help!

Many home firewall/routers can do this through QoS. What are you actually trying to accomplish here?
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
      What are you actually trying to accomplish here?

At present i have an internet connection being shared by four PC's. I pay for the connection alone and would like to be able to limit bandwidth to the other PC's to gain priority when i am on-line downloading or playing on-line games as im having serious connection issues as others are using up my bandwidth to download various rubbish. I have only limited knowledge about networking so if you could point me in the right direction i would be grateful.
      [defense]

Comment

Originally posted by phaze View Post
        At present i have an internet connection being shared by four PC's. I pay for the connection alone and would like to be able to limit bandwidth to the other PC's to gain priority when i am on-line downloading or playing on-line games as im having serious connection issues as others are using up my bandwidth to download various rubbish. I have only limited knowledge about networking so if you could point me in the right direction i would be grateful.
        Well.. I would stop paying for the connection alone. The cheapest thing you'll be able to do is throw Linux on some spare PC (if you have a free one) and setting up some trafic shaping applications and putting the box in-line with your backbone connection.

Honestly? It's a lot of work and does take quite a bit of knowledge to get working properly. I think just talking to your bandwidth leechers might be more helpful.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X