Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel build help

Hey guys

I am putting together an Intel system for a friend of mine and I haven't messed with a Intel mobo for a long time and I am having a bit of an issue. I am putting together a Core2Duo E4300 with a Biostar 945p-A7A mobo. My problem is I can't seem to get the sata raid driver installed to recognize the 250gb HD I am installing. I downloaded the raid driver sataf6.exe from Biostar. When I start the install for windows XP I press F6 and go into the 3rd part raid/scsi and when I try to install the driver it can't find the txtsetup.oem file. So I have gone out and DL'd the tools directly from Intel and I get the samething. I have tried to go into the bios to enable the raid but I can't seem to find the raid functions in the bios. I have used multiple floppy drives and floppy disks to make sure it isn't the drive or the disk that is bad.

Is there something in the Intel mobo bios that I am missing? I feel stupid asking but I just can't see it. Thanks for any help or advice.
    sigpic

Re: Intel build help

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
    Hey guys

I am putting together an Intel system for a friend of mine and I haven't messed with a Intel mobo for a long time and I am having a bit of an issue. I am putting together a Core2Duo E4300 with a Biostar 945p-A7A mobo. My problem is I can't seem to get the sata raid driver installed to recognize the 250gb HD I am installing. I downloaded the raid driver sataf6.exe from Biostar. When I start the install for windows XP I press F6 and go into the 3rd part raid/scsi and when I try to install the driver it can't find the txtsetup.oem file. So I have gone out and DL'd the tools directly from Intel and I get the samething. I have tried to go into the bios to enable the raid but I can't seem to find the raid functions in the bios. I have used multiple floppy drives and floppy disks to make sure it isn't the drive or the disk that is bad.

Is there something in the Intel mobo bios that I am missing? I feel stupid asking but I just can't see it. Thanks for any help or advice.

My guess is that you have to run sataf6.exe, that in turn will create a floppy with all you need. Is that how you did this ?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Blonov View Post
      My guess is that you have to run sataf6.exe, that in turn will create a floppy with all you need. Is that how you did this ?

DB
      Yes I have tried to run the sataf6.exeand I get TXTSETUP.OEM could not be found. So I have tried different floppy disks and drives to make sure they are not bad. I also went directly to Intels support pages and downloaded their mass storage drivers and still no success. I thought I might need to enable raid in the bios but I can't seem to even find a raid controller in the bios. I am at a bit of a loss right now. Thanks for any help
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
        Yes I have tried to run the sataf6.exeand I get TXTSETUP.OEM could not be found. So I have tried different floppy disks and drives to make sure they are not bad. I also went directly to Intels support pages and downloaded their mass storage drivers and still no success. I thought I might need to enable raid in the bios but I can't seem to even find a raid controller in the bios. I am at a bit of a loss right now. Thanks for any help
        Did you get a CD/floppy with the mobo ?

There has to be an integrated peripherals menu somewhere in the bios that has a raid controller/sata controller item?

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Well I have finally found the proper mass storage driver but the I still can't find the raid controller in the bios and it still isn't detecting the entire drive of 250gb. So I am going to go ahead and install XP and then install SP1 and after I do that I am going to partion the rest of the unallocated space into a seperate partion. It's not the best route to go but I want to get this done and I am tired of beating my head against the wall. I don't know if this is a Intel thing or a Biostar but this is ridicules!. Thanks for trying DB much appreciated.
          sigpic

Comment

Ok. I think I know what your problem is. You are trying to install Xp with an old disk that doesn't have Service Pack 1 or 2 integrated already. Infact even with an IDE drive, I tried doing a similar thing, and the Windows install would only recognize the drive being way smaller than it really was.

The best thing you can do is make your own Slipstream XP install disc with Service Pack 2 integrated already. That way it should recognize the newer drive. It's a bit of hassle to make the disc, but not hard. It will save many headaches in the future. Best thing is, you can set it up to install all by itself, without you having to be there the entire hour it's installing. You can even program in the product key too! Here's a link to get you started...

http://maximumpc.com/2005/01/how_to_slipstre.html
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...