recommend good animation & web designer programs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommend good animation & web designer programs

OK... need advise about 2 different pieces of software...

1. I've been using Frontpage for years, like it for my purpose, real easy and clean... but Frontpage is no longer, now it's expressions or something like that.

Any other easy and clean, not to complicated, web site builder programs I should look into and try?

2. I'm also looking for a easy animation program, I want to make some basic animations for the tactical briefs I've been doing, the game software has it's limits, so looking for something to make animations for explaining the procedure of a certain action/reaction.

Any recommendations?

Reason, I say easy... I don't have the time to learn a bunch of new software, thats why something simple is just fine, nothing I do is that advanced anyway. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: recommend good animation & web designer programs

I've only used Animation Shop 3 by Jasc software for making gifs, but it's pretty easy.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Microsoft Expression Web Designer is not a bad product. What didn't you like about it?

You should also consider MS Visual Studio for ASP.NET app design. Although it is geared more towards the professional developer it's easy to learn and offers an excellent IDE.
      Twisted Firestarter
      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
      sigpic

Comment

Well, the obvious suggestions would be DreamWeaver and Flash, but the free version of Visual Studio (Visual Web Developer or somesuch) could be worth a look. It's more power than it sounds like you need, but it's free.
        2142: |TG-Irr| Silverfish
        BF2: |TG-Irr| Maus

Comment

I wholeheartedly recommend Dreamweaver for web layout/design.

Flash is good for simple animations, but nothing is so easy that you can pick it up and just start clicking to make stuff happen. You'll need to learn the basics no matter what you pick. In my opinion, though, Flash is the easiest to pick up.
          [squadl]
          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Hmm, I used to use FP. I use Dreamweaver nowadays with Photoshop CS2. For animation, it depends on what you'll use it for.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Notepad for the win!

Comment

microsoft web developer express / masterpages / xhtml / css / flash

I used dreamweaver for years along with classic asp - thought it was the best. Switched to .net and discovered master pages - these blow the dreamweaver template concept out of the water.

buy CSS Mastery used from amazon for about $10, easy short read that will simplify your life - trust me it's worth it!

Comment

You should check out the eclipse: http://www.eclipse.org/ and aptana: http://www.aptana.com/
                  It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Hey Magnum..what did you finally decide on this?
                    Twisted Firestarter
                    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                    sigpic

Comment

BTW, the latest version of Visual Studio (codename Orcas) beta 1 is now available. This is the full team suite version with all the bells and whistles. It's a good opportunity to play with the full version of the development environment.
                      Twisted Firestarter
                      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
                        BTW, the latest version of Visual Studio (codename Orcas) beta 1 is now available. This is the full team suite version with all the bells and whistles. It's a good opportunity to play with the full version of the development environment.
                        Well for C++ development, I will likely never recommend Visual Studio again after the buggy garbage they delivered in 7.0 and 8.0. It's a shame, because they were looking good with VS6.0.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I don't recommend VS for C++/C development period. I'd stick with a comparable-linux compiler like GCC or ICC.

Hmm, what kind of animations? Just image based ones? Or did you want something like flash but with a bit more depth? I could recommend Blender.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X