Slow loading web pages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow loading web pages

All of a sudden some websites are loading real slow for me. Most noteable are www.filefront.com and www.youtube.com (the page, not the videos). They do eventually load, it just takes about 2 mins. Almost every other site loads just fine.

It's not the sites cause I checked them with my other computer and they load fine. I've run AV and spyware checks, all clean. I tried both IE7 and Firefox 2, still slow. I've deleted temp net files and cookies, I've reinstalled flash player and Java, windows firewall is off also. I have run out of ideas, any of you tech guys have something?
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Re: Slow loading web pages

hmmm, are you running via wireless/ router? you may want to reset your IP, and re-establish a connection to your router.. or if someone else is in control of the router (network admin and or wife... or husband =P) ask if they recently opened/closed any ports
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Yea, I'm using a router. I've restarted both the router and DSL modem. No ports have been changed. And the other computer I tried is on the same network so I don't think that's the problem.
      |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

hrm... i would point the finger at the browser.. but it is unlikely that 2 browsers would be messing up... i use Opera, because i have had similar problems with both IE (well.. IE just plain suxx) and Firefox ( very slow loading ) they are still installed on my comp.. lemme go in and see what i cant dig up for setting switching.. if u want to try a third browser... i highly recomend www.opera.com
        powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

Ok, if I disable JavaScript, they load fast again. So now I have to go find out what JavaScript is. Thanks Tonk.
          |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

:( Ok with JavaScript disabled, I don't get a some options on pages like I did before and I can't watch videos on youtube. But with it enabled, pages load real slow. Any suggestions?
            |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Viper View Post
              :( Ok with JavaScript disabled, I don't get a some options on pages like I did before and I can't watch videos on youtube. But with it enabled, pages load real slow. Any suggestions?
              adding coffee slows it down.... hrm.. is ur computer allergic to caffine?
              jk.. but in control pannel.. click on your java link.. delete the temp internet files in there.. try that