help... CD/DVD is gone...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help... CD/DVD is gone...

Out of the blue, for no reason... i opened "my computer" this AM, and noticed that my CD Rom and my DVD Rom are gone...not listed... so I go into device manager and see both listed, and properly named, but with explication points on them...telling me there not working, it advises I uninstall them, then add new hardware... i do, but the hardware drivers can't be found, so they don't install...

any idea whats going on here? is there a way to bring them back? (I tried restore to a earlier point, they were still gone).

I tried getting updates from DELL, all they have is flash updates, but they can't find the devices to flash update.

Lucky for me I download most of my games now, but i just got the 505 version of Armed Assault YESTERDAY on DVD...I was hoping to install and play tonight, damn it. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: help... CD/DVD is gone...

XP or Vista?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

XP...reformatted yesterday, got rid of that vista crap, but XP back on...was working fine, drives identified and working all day yesterday, and earlier this AM... rebooted after my weekly (11 AM scheduled scan), then noticed gone.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Take a look at this page: http://extended64.com/blogs/andre/ar...1/07/1630.aspx and http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;Q270008

Be very careful when looking through the registry for the key. You'll see a bunch of them that look similar. The one you are looking for is usually towards the top of the list.

See similar stuff at work quite often. For us, it has been people installing iTunes that came with an iPod Shuffle that the company gave out to a certain division with marketing talk on it.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

Thx... that must of been it... because I went in and delete the Win XP included CD/DVD burn software, thats when it happened... re-doing now. ;)
          Magnum |TG-18th|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X