Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Lagout Problem

Ok, heres the problem:
    Anytime I play ANY game online (tested with my main 4: eve, NS, bf2, bf2142) I get intermittent lag spikes that give me a connection error about every 45 seconds. After about 5-10 minutes, I get disconnected because my wireless adapter just stops connecting with the internet and only sees my local network.
    I'm running a brand new copy of Vista Ultimate and using a Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter and a WRT65G router. The problem started when I installed vista. I cant seem to find any literature on anyone else having similar problems, but I thought that some of you might have either come across this or can dig better than I can.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Update:
    It seems the problem is the vista equivalent of the Wireless zero service from XP. However, its not CALLED wireless zero anymore and I cant seem to find any way to disable it. If anyone can figure it out, let me know plz.
    Last edited by Ferris Bueller; 03-01-2007, 04:06 AM.

Re: Vista Lagout Problem

try running as administrator.
    Current member of the

Comment

WTH is "wireless zero"? I've never heard of it...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

running as administrator has no effect.
        wireless zero is a process that runs under windows xp to automatically detect and configure wireless network setups. basically, it pauses connection on your active network every 60 seconds to scan for new/more optimal wireless networks in range. the only way to fix it in windows xp is to use third party software, such as the linksys EasyLink Advisor and disable the wireless zero process. Unfortunately, microsoft playes hide and seek with vista to make it more "user friendly" and there is no third party software available from linksys yet to correct the issue. So i'm simply looking for somebody brighter than me to find an alternate solution.

Comment

Is this the service you are looking for ?:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../aa905085.aspx

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            WTH is "wireless zero"? I've never heard of it...
            I believe he is talking about "Wireless Zero Configuration" service. If you go into the services snap in you will probably see it.
            I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
              I believe he is talking about "Wireless Zero Configuration" service. If you go into the services snap in you will probably see it.
              Yup. It's been given the old "vanishing act" in vista and cant be disabled. Luckily, I came across a fix which can be found here.

Comment

Also, test that router and make sure you aren't experiencing packet loss. Just a thought.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X