new question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new question

ok i went out and got a set of USB headphones like you guys said.... ok heres the question,,,, why can i run the onboard sound which is realy good and the headsets drivers for the mic control.... otherwise its forcing me to use the headsets sound and recording drivers and wont let me use the onboard sound at all....

i know im prolly not making any sence but i wana use the onboards sound for the effects properties and just use the headsets drivers so you guys can hear me... the onboard sound had no mic control so i had to SCREAM into the mic for anyone to hear me...

so i tokk everyones advice and went and bought a USB headset so i would have some mic volume control,,, well the USB headsets sound isnt as good as the onboard sound,,, sound thin and weak where the onboard sound sounds fantastic....

i tried to go into the audio setting and just use the onboard sound and the headsets recording but it wont let me use both. can i use both???? or am i stuck with the headsets sound drivers???

Re: new question

If this is for TeamSpeak, select the USB headset as your input device. Go to TS Settings/Options to do this.

If this is for Battlefield, you can use the USB headset's mic and use your onboard for the game sounds. Set your Windows primary playback device to your onboard sound and your primary recording device as your USB headset. Do this by right-clicking on the sound icon in your system tray and go to properties. Alternately, go to the Control Panel and then Sound.

That's about as much as I can remember when I used WinXP and used various sound devices.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

no its ingame m8

ok if i go to voice and change it to my onboard i can hear sound,,, if i go to audio and choice my onboard theres nothing....... if i switch it back to my headset drivers its fine..... this is strange lol.....like i said my onboard sound is 1000 times better then the headset sound drivers.... grrrrrrrrrr

PS: i have tried everything i know and just cant get the onboard unless i uninstall the usb headset drivers.... they have taken over some how lol if i uninstall them my onboard works,, if i install them my onboard doesnt work,,,, grrrrrrrrrrrr well ill have to live with it now untill i cant get a good sound card i guess,, the important thing is i dont have to YELL into the mic for anyone to hear me :)

Comment

Perhaps somebody that's using WinXP can explain it better with screenshots. It doesn't seem like you're in the Windows Sound properties setting the primary playback device as onboard sound and primary recording device as USB headset.

The USB headset is just another sound device. Windows doesn't restrict which device is the default device for different tasks like playback and recording. They can be separate devices, which will be recognized in Battlefield.

Hrm, googled an image of what the settings should look like. The SB Audigy for sound playback would be your onboard sound. The DMX 6fire Wave for sound recording would be set to your USB headset. You should also turn on Use only default devices for good measure.

Comment

ya lol i know thats where ive been tryin to do it at.... :)

Comment

Have you tested it with the Windows voice setup? The voice tab will give you an option to test out the settings. I think you can set which device will do the playback and which will do the recording. The main concern is to set the recording device properly.

Comment

ya ive done all that m8,, ty for the help but it looks like im just gona have to go buy a sound card..... i was hoping this would do the trick but the sound playback with the headphone drivers isnt all that great. its playable but dont sound good lol... once again ty for all your help

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X