Internet Explorer fault?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer fault?

I have one wierd problem since last night.

I cannot connect to the internet through normal ways. The only way i can is through a link off ebay on my emails, thats the one and only page i can use the net.

Now, nothing else works, IE Teamspeak, antivirus inbound and outbound programmes, 2142, well basically anything else fails to work.

Not sure how this happened, was fine then all of a sudden stopped working.

Any help much appreciated.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Internet Explorer fault?

Originally posted by Rock View Post
    I have one wierd problem since last night.

I cannot connect to the internet through normal ways. The only way i can is through a link off ebay on my emails, thats the one and only page i can use the net.

Now, nothing else works, IE Teamspeak, antivirus inbound and outbound programmes, 2142, well basically anything else fails to work.

Not sure how this happened, was fine then all of a sudden stopped working.

Any help much appreciated.
    I would suggest

Firefox never caused me any problems click there logo to go to there site

Comment

If nothing else works, then the problem might not be IE. Have you checked your network adapter? Check if you're connected properly to your ISP.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Sounds like your ISP might be having problems with their DNS servers or maybe your cache is corrupted. Try clearing your DNS cache.

Start Menu->Run, and type in “ipconfig /flushdns” without the quote.

Might help.

If you still have no luck I suggest the forums at dslreports.com. They will have forums for not only your gear, but possibly your ISP as well.

Might I ask, what kind of connection are you running and what is your isp?

Im assuming you're on Winxp. You could try resetting the windows TCIP stack if nothing else ends up working. The procedure is described in the following microsoft tech bulletin, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357

Comment

Doublecheck that you are not using both a wireless connection and a wired one. That does somethimes give you a crazy behaviour.
          --
          VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Originally posted by Lith1um View Post
            Sounds like your ISP might be having problems with their DNS servers or maybe your cache is corrupted. Try clearing your DNS cache.

Start Menu->Run, and type in “ipconfig /flushdns” without the quote.

Might help.

If you still have no luck I suggest the forums at dslreports.com. They will have forums for not only your gear, but possibly your ISP as well.

Might I ask, what kind of connection are you running and what is your isp?

Im assuming you're on Winxp. You could try resetting the windows TCIP stack if nothing else ends up working. The procedure is described in the following microsoft tech bulletin, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
            I tired to download the link you gave me, but it wont let me download.

Its not IE fault, it must be a actual cpu fault. Only way i can get online, is through a link on one of my email's, it works fine then and so do send and recieve emails. Wierd problem.

Im gonna look through those forums you suggested.

Cheers

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Originally posted by Rock View Post
              I tired to download the link you gave me, but it wont let me download.

Its not IE fault, it must be a actual cpu fault. Only way i can get online, is through a link on one of my email's, it works fine then and so do send and recieve emails. Wierd problem.

Im gonna look through those forums you suggested.

Cheers
              Hmmm, have you run antivirus and adware scans since this happened?
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I was gonna say. It sounds like some wicked spyware or a virus. You better determine that first and ASAP. The internet DOES work, just in a round-a-bout way. I would think that'd mean its not a hardware problem. And once you clean it up, switch to Firefox. IE blows and is so much more succeptible to spyware and such.
                "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

you might want to run "hijack this" and also get spybot.
                  and
                  Adaware free SE personal edition from lavasoftusa. it downloads from Cnet
                  and
                  pop over to pcpitstop and run their free tests. ya have to sigh up, but it's painless. no ad crap/spam from them folks.
                  {Once again, Fetterman wins "Grumpiest Pirate of the Week" award.} "Axis of Eeevil"

Proud Member of "TG-IRR" Since 14 Sept 2007.

Never give up, never give in. Fight until you die, or until you win. Failure does not come from a lack of knowledge or skill... It comes from a lack of will.

"Bittersweet Symphony"

Comment

I'm guessing the page you can access is actually cached on your local pc. I would suggest a ping to local gateway device (router, modem, etc) and make sure you get a response. I would even suggest the first steps to take would be to power cycle any networking devices you are using, starting with the router and/or modem. Leave the devices physically unplugged from their power source for no less than thirty seconds, I would suggest a minute just to be safe. Bring up the modem first and give it some time to boot up, then bring the router up if you have one, again giving it time to boot, then bring any other devices up (your computer for instance) and give the internet another shot.

I also suggest Firefox and use it as my only browser at home.

*Edit*

I am assuming that you are posting to the forums from a different computer and not the one mentioned in the original post. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Yeah, once you've removed the malware/virii, you probably want to update your browser to the latest and greatest:

www.IE7.com
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

To verify whether you are actually reaching any web page correctly try doing a trace route.

From a DOS prompt type "tracert www.microsoft.com" and verify that all the hops respond in a timely manner.
                        Twisted Firestarter
                        a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                        sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse