Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hell yeah..!!! 22" ROCKS and so does the 8800GTS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell yeah..!!! 22" ROCKS and so does the 8800GTS!

soo...who could have thought there would have been such a dramatic difference between an old ass 19"crt with a 7600gs and a new LG226 22" Flatron with an 8800GTS..?

man..i am UBER [email protected] is like a totally different game now!!

everything at max with AA at 4X and i get like 75-100fps!!! man..!! i hope it is not obsoleted too quick! this was a house payment for what i ended up getting!

Re: Hell yeah..!!! 22" ROCKS and so does the 8800GTS!

Sounds like "birdie in Texas" is now "birdie in Heaven"!
    sigpic

Comment

I have a similar setup (8800GTS and Chimei 22") and it does indeed ROCK! I was worried that I wouldn't really be too impressed with the 8800 compared to my (old and horribly out of date ;) ) 7600GS, but it really is much faster. I would highly recommend it to anyone with enough money to get one. Otherwise, wait for the launch of ATI's DX10 competition for some price reductions.

Comment

Whatever bro. That's nothing. I'm rocking the '01 E-Machine with 1 Ghz Intel, 256 MB ram, 4 GB HD, and kickin' onboard Intel graphics. Woohoo! You don't got nothin' on me, I get 10 fps on minesweeper and 20 fps on solitaire. I can't run hearts, though.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I just got my 8800 last night and it is awesome! But for some reason 2142 won't let me set my resolution higher than 1280x???. My monitor goes up to 1600. Have any of you had this problem or know how to fix it. Also the game now has an option to do 8x anti aliasing but when I click on that the settings don't stick. Hopefully someone knows what is going on but in the meantime I will be cruising the forums for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by jonan_ View Post
            I just got my 8800 last night and it is awesome! But for some reason 2142 won't let me set my resolution higher than 1280x???. My monitor goes up to 1600. Have any of you had this problem or know how to fix it. Also the game now has an option to do 8x anti aliasing but when I click on that the settings don't stick. Hopefully someone knows what is going on but in the meantime I will be cruising the forums for answers.

Jonan, For some reason EA beleaves widescreen is considered cheating? :row__639:
            [TG] Rideau

Comment

after talking to Jepzilla, i left my AA settings to 4X..so i do not know if the 8X will "stick" for me..want me to try it tonite and see for ya bro..?

and yeah, it is a whole new ballgame..i was hoping it would help me in-game, buti still kind of suck! :( hahahahaha

Comment

right click your shortcut, go to properties, and at the end of the command line put a space then copy and paste this:

+szx 1920 +szy 1200"

Replace my resoultion with yours and youre good to go. Not true widescreen but its better than using a non-native rez. Even if you dont have a widescreen itll still work for any rez

As far as the AA option goes, yea i get that too. Just go into your Nvidia control panel and you can set it to run higher from there if you want. You can really crank the AA up to 16xCSAA in which youll never see a HINT of a jaggie but its a killer on framerate. Better just to leave it on 4xAA IMO, not much of a difference on a high resoltion to justify the fps loss.

Comment

Thanks Snail I will give that a try as soon as I get home from work.

Birdie I guess at a high resolution the AA doesn't matter as much so you don't have to worry about it. Thanks for the offer though.
                  And as far as you sucking goes, when I played with you last night you finished in the top 5. Whats wrong with that?

Comment

Thanks Snail I will give that a try as soon as I get home from work.

Birdie I guess at a high resolution the AA doesn't matter as much so you don't have to worry about it. Thanks for the offer though.
                    And as far as you sucking goes, when I played with you last night you finished in the top 5. Whats wrong with that?

"always the bridesmaid, never the bride"..! i want a GOLD dammit..!!! :) hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by HgMaDHaTTeR View Post
                      I have a similar setup (8800GTS and Chimei 22") and it does indeed ROCK! I was worried that I wouldn't really be too impressed with the 8800 compared to my (old and horribly out of date ;) ) 7600GS, but it really is much faster. I would highly recommend it to anyone with enough money to get one. Otherwise, wait for the launch of ATI's DX10 competition for some price reductions.

Yeah, how is that monitor btw? I was actually going to order it today, its such a steal on newegg, and free 3 day.

Comment

I hate to break hearts here but I'm runnin a pair of the GTS beasts in SLI, talk about screamin : ). Though you guys all have me on the monitor only using a Samsung Syncmaster 19" widescreen display : (. Still tryin to find a means of overclockin the 8800's but rivatuner and ntune both seem to not function on the g80 chipset used in the 8800 series of cards.

Comment

i've got a 24 inch and it's the sex on my 8800gts.
                          Current member of the

Comment

After Several Days Of Gaming Now With My Setup, I Like It More And More Each Damn Day!!! :)

Comment

This is what I have in my target for a 1680x1050 native LCD resolution:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +Widescreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050"

Check out these threads on configuring your Widescreen LCD's with BF2 (and 2142)
                              http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...pic.php?t=8408
                              http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...er=asc&start=0

I am planning on upgrading my old ATI X800XL to the 8800GTS at some point... sounds like it is a winner.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X