Monitor vs TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor vs TV

I'm looking for a new flat screen LCD computer monitor, but I also want to connect via the hi def Xbox 360 components my 360... should I be looking at monitors or TV's?

If I got a, say.. a 30 inch wide screen LCD TV for my PC...I could also hook up the 360 right?

also, recommendations welcomed. ;)
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Monitor vs TV

I use a 32 inch LCD TV. I'm overall happy with it, though it's hard to read in-game text when you're 6-8 ft away.
    Beatnik

Comment

well it would be used as a PC monitor more... on my desk...I already have a 50 inch Samsung DLP... but I can't play my 360 at night because the wife is watching it...

so wanted a TV/Monitor for my desktop that would let me hook up my PC, and HI DEF 360.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

monitors have higher resolutions (new ones that is) my monitor runs higher then a 1080p tv.

Dell 204wp something like that i use 24inchs of pure awesomeness.
        Current member of the

Comment

If you were to get a TV for a monitor, I would suggest a 1080p resolution (1920X1080) other then the more common 720p/1080i (1366X768). 1920X1080 would be much better for text and internet usage. I would suggest a monitor like this one:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...nufacture=BENQ

It is a monitor that displays at native resolution of 1080p and has multitude of inputs (VGA for a 360 and HDMI for a PS3). Although with the monitor above there is a 1:1 mapping issue using the DVI cable at 1920X1080, but they fixed it in newer firmware.

Or something along the lines of this:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=222-7315

Well you get the idea, anything with 1920X1080 resolution should be fine for a monitor/TV or TV/Monitor.

Note: the first link is in Canadian dollars.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X