No announcement yet.

5.1 Headsets (alternatives to medusa's)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.1 Headsets (alternatives to medusa's)

So I'm considering getting a new pair of 5.1 headphones after having problems with my Medusa 5.1's. Anyone have any first hand experience with any alternatives?

Re: 5.1 Headsets (alternatives to medusa's)

http://www.trittontechnologies.com/p...s/TRIGA600.htm

I can tell you first hand, these sound amazing. My brother owns them. Also they are compatible with the 360.

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
      http://www.trittontechnologies.com/p...s/TRIGA600.htm

I can tell you first hand, these sound amazing. My brother owns them. Also they are compatible with the 360.
      I have the Trittons. Ilke them. I don't use the amplifier that came with it though. Too much hiss for my taste. They work fine with my Audigy 2 gamer card.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Ditto on what Dick said. Too much hissing with the amplifier. A shame cause I really liked the bass rumble feature which is only available through the amp. Overall I'm pleased with them. A bit pricey and poor bass response, but it sounds like the Medusa's are similar in that respect. I'm running the Audigy 2 Plat.
        flux
        [tg-c1]

Comment

I don't recall any hissing noise with the little blue box, not while playing the 360 anyways. I guess there is no perfect headset these days?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            So I'm considering getting a new pair of 5.1 headphones after having problems with my Medusa 5.1's. Anyone have any first hand experience with any alternatives?
            Whiskey, why are you looking for a new headset when they are replacing the headsets for free?
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Whiskey, I just read your last post about your headphones and understand. I just ordered my headsets yesterday before I saw all these posts! Hoping I'm issue free with mine.

Though Squinty did give it a good review so perhaps all hope is not lost.
              |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
              "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
              - Check me out on The Onion
              - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Yeah... Unless I see something better, I'm going to get a another set (for free). But since I'm returning them, I figured I'd see what else is out there, since I do have two small complaints about them (aside from the apparent quality issues):

1) They are not Hi-Fi headphones... They sound fantastic in-game, but I wouldn't use them to listen to music - I've heard a better response from ear-bud style headphones.

2) They aren't very well sealed - meaning I can hear TV sounds while gaming, and my wife can hear you crazy bastards while she's watching TV :D

Comment

I have Zalman headphones and they are preaty good. Only downside is there is no mic (there is a version that come with a microphone but its a crappy clip mic).

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...=ZALMAN%20TECH

Note: Above price is in Canadian dollars

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Tritton AX360's from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826235001

Should arrive Friday. I'll play-test them against the Medusa's and return the loser.... I'll post my findings.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                      I went ahead and ordered a pair of the Tritton AX360's from newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826235001

Should arrive Friday. I'll play-test them against the Medusa's and return the loser.... I'll post my findings.

Whiskey, this means you need to go ahead and order a 360 to. ;)

Comment

Do let us know. I'm getting tired of not having any sound from my rear left speaker in my set. The only downside is those ones are also a bit pricey. Crap.

Comment

You people better be careful, I started reading this forum and the first thing you know here I am buying the Medusa headset. It maybe to late already but if it's not carefully back out of this forum and don't come back. You've been warned.

PS: I really like my Medusa and have not had any problems.
                          The Old Guy
                          kin3
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jmaker View Post
                            Do let us know. I'm getting tired of not having any sound from my rear left speaker in my set. The only downside is those ones are also a bit pricey. Crap.
                            Yeah - they're about the same cost... But since I already shelled out the dough for one set, I'm golden... either I exchange the broken Medusa's for a new set or just get the cash back and apply it to the Tritton's.

Comment

By far, the Zalmans are the cheapest but it's not a true headset. You'll have to find a way to attach a microphone (sticky velcro for me, others use clips and such). They sound pretty good but I'm no audiophile. I've been using mine for about a year without any problems. All of my closest gaming friends use them and have been satisfied.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X