Help With A Psp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With A Psp

ok..i got an FREAKIN awesome deal on a PSPS from my buddy...has a couple games..so i jumped all over it..

but now i am trying to figure out "what to do with it"..

it does almost everything a laptop does..i cannot for some reason get it to take an ip address from my router, even though it connects fine..but oither than that, it is smokin'..

my question i guess..is what are you guys doing with these things..? i envision knocking some movies down to size for it, but mostly probably just using it as a portable media player...

what do you guys use yours for?

please let me know..

thanks!

birdie :)

Re: Help With A Psp

I cracked the screen on mine when I got into a drunken fist fight. I don't know how it happened since the other guy didn't even manage to land a punch on me. It was in my pocket...was probably just the rough and tumble action.
    | | |

Comment

I have a handful of games and use it as a time killer (laundry, bus trips, etc.). Haven't met anyone else to multiplayer with yet, but I know at least one person who would if we didn't live in different states. Other than that I sometimes check my web mail when I'm near a public hotspot and have nothing better to do.

I also have a small web video collection on there for fun (Youtube stuff) and a 1GB card set aside for movies. DVDFab is the best resource I have found for converting your DVDs into PSP films.

Hopefully, some of the reported functions of the PSP will eventually materialize in the US. Japan has a camera, a GPS device with mapping software, and theoretically, adapted PSOne games for sale through the PS3 market. So we'll see what happens. It's a good little device that doesn't seem to get much attention except from idiot ad execs who want to sell it to ecstasy-dropping club kids.
      In game handle: Steel Scion
      sigpic

Comment

Tekken : Dark Resurrection :)

The GTA games are pretty good too.

Music and movies using one of the many PSP media managers is cool. obviously, and iPod is a better music player, but I think the PSP is better for movies.

The PSOne games are already here, and available through the PSN Store.

Its extra cash, but LocationFree is pretty cool too.
        Do or do not, there is no try....
        -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

The Patrick Stewart Network?
          sigpic

Comment

Just download some good old homebrew applications, although I don't know of any since I have a Nintendo DS.

Comment

Podcasts, video podcasts, retro games, family pics, tv shows. I haven't ventured into homebrew yet. I'm a bit timid to run anything like that since if someones PSP is going to brick it will be mine. Oh and I played so much Tiger Woods I think I wore out the UMD.

I just canceled my subscription to Gameznflix.com but it was a decent service if you don't mind waiting for stuff. Good price for the service, just don't expect to get stuff in the order of your queue.

Don't bother with Sony's media manager. You can get other tools for free that do the job better. For converting vids I use http://www.pspvideo9.com/ And any podcatcher will do. Altough I hear the new media manager will now convert pdf's. I use to put magazines on mine but the content wasn't that good when I was doing it. Maybe there are better ones now.

Oh and pr0n. Gotta love bein able to surf the web on a wireless handheld :madsmile:
              flux
              [tg-c1]

Comment

ANY IDEAS ON WHY MINE WILL CONNECT TO THE ROUTER, BUT TIME OUT BEFORE IT GETS AN IP ADDRESS..?

oops.s..soory about the caps..

Comment

oh and thanks for your posts guys..

i do not even really "know" what a "podcast" is..but it sounds fun..i guess? and i do not really have much video except of my bands performing and stuff..but they are mostly on hi8:( how int he hell do i check mail..? that would be sweet! and it came with the sony media manager..don't know what version though.. and it already has xmen 3 on it..looks SWEET..!!!

i do have about 12TB of movies on my media server..guess i could start knockin' them down to whatever the hell little res the psp needs..

please..keep on post you guys! :)

Comment

This might be a good post for me as well. The only thing I know how to do is play games - love BurnOut.

Anyone have an easy idea on how to configure the PSP so I connect to the web?
                    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
                    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
                    - Check me out on The Onion
                    - I'm on the local news!

Comment

OMFG that location free base stuff looks outrageous..!! i could sit on the can and never miss any [email protected]! SWEET...!!! wonder how much that stuff is?:)

Comment

To connect to a wireless router, go into Network Settings, Infrastructure Mode, and set up a new profile. It will autodetect any open networks in the area, although you will need passwords and encryption information for secure networks. If it's a public hotspot, autodetect will work just fine.

Now, some networks are stubborn, and won't let the PSP in. I'm not sure why, but I get a solid connection to about 70% of the networks I encounter. It will connect to the router but fail to get an IP. If you are having trouble connecting, go back into that profile and fiddle with the settings until you make progress, but sometimes the proxy settings at the router require tweaking as well.

Any other advice on wireless settings would be helpful to me as well.

As for converting video, check the Media Manager documentation or just search around the web. There are lots of resources out there.
                        sigpic

Comment

fixed my connection prob...it switched back to "ad hoc" mode...switched to infrastructure and it sings!

as a matter of fact, i am viewing the TG site as i type this on my home pc! SWEET..!!

Comment

I use my psp to basically kill time during lunch breaks or surf on my wireless when I want to lounge in the living room. I've been curious as to how to convert some of my video files to the psp format so I can watch shows like the office during my lunch hour. I'll check out some of these sites for more info!
                            |TG-33rd|Clawhammer
                            [squadl] [sniper][unit]

Comment

i kept on suirfin with mine last nite, but it craps out on almost every site and says "not enough memory" or some drivvle like that..

any ideas on how to fix this?

played one of the games that came with it..World Championship Poker..was pretty fun..i definately do not need to try and play for real money any time soon! :)

hahahahha

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X