AGP Video card suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGP Video card suggestions

Anybody with AGP buy a video card lately? I just bought the 7600GT cuz of the benchmarks I read lately compared to the 7800GS. I thought about the X1950 Pro but I've heard its so big and it sucks up so much power that I decided against it cuz I didn't want to buy another power supply. I'm having second thoughts now and not against swapping the 7600GT for the X1950. Any opinions?

Re: AGP Video card suggestions

Most modern cards suck up a lot of power either way. From what I've heard, both the cards you speak of are really good. Either way, you'll probably want a new power supply anyhow. When I upgraded from my old Radeon 8500 to my GeForce 6800 GT, my 350 W power supply couldn't hang. It kept crashing on start-up, so I upgraded to a 550 W psu. Well worth it. It's quieter, has plenty of power, and has more power dongles than the old one.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Yeah I upgraded awhile back. PC Power&Cooling 410-Dell Silencer. Hard to find psu's for Dell unless you want to hack up the back of you case. Now I wish I would have spent the money to go for something more powerful like the Silencer 470 which would have fit perfectly. But I should be ok with the 7600GT.

Comment

BFG 7800 GS/OC AGP 8x card runs everything I throw at it, in HIGH settings in BF2142.

3Ghz P4 and 2 Gigs of ram round out the team.

ATI 1950 is also a great AGP card. Regarding power supplies. DO NOT FOOL YOURSELF. You will need a new one no matter what you buy!

*** Dont make this decision based on needing a PSU ***

Jaykay (FastBK) |null|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...