Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting around a location-restricted video from NBC here in UK

Hi there,

At the moment I'm pretty much addicted to the NBC show Friday Night lights, I've watched alot of episodes through the internet, but not all of them have been uploaded by users. NBC's friday night lights website offers an ad-supported service which lets those in the USA to view all the previously-aired episodes.

Unfortunately with me being in the UK, I get a message saying the clip is not yet available from my current location, with me being already up to 12 episodes ahead of it's UK broadcasts I would like to watch the series as its aired in the US- without the 12 week delay here in the UK via that website.

Now i don't know how the location-restriction works, but are there any web programmers on here who do? If so could you please give me a suggestion for a possible work-around as it would be greatly appreciated.

Hopefully it doesn't base its restrictions from my ISP's servers and it's something some tweaking with XP/firefox could fix.

I believe the airing of tv shows on demand is in response to websites such as alluc.org, but i find it quite pointless as those located outside the U.S will still have to visit those websites to see the latest episodes.

Thanks in advance for any help with this!

P.S. Does anyone else like the show?

Re: Getting around a location-restricted video from NBC here in UK

I pretty sure, it is based off of your IP which is routed through your respective ISP.

The only way I can think of to get around it would be to remote connect to a PC based here in the states and watch the vids through that computer. Or just have someone else record it for you then transfer the vid over to you or something like that.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Getting around a location-restricted video from NBC here in UK

what if u used a proxy website (i think thats what its called...)