Bad PSU (i think)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad PSU (i think)

so, i went to boot my computer up sunday morning.... i noticed the lites on my headphones (baracuda) were off.... they are on even if the computer is off... so i hit the power button... nothing. the whole rig is all but a year old (i built it last april) the PSU is an Antec SmartPower 2.0 500 watt.... tried different outlet.. different power cord.... if it isnt the psu.. then its the MB ( =( ) <-- good excuse to upgrade =D.. thoughts? suggestions? tests i can do to be sure?
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: Bad PSU (i think)

Only way to be sure is to find another PSU to test on it. Also check your motherboard to see if there is a a power button on the board itself, possible the front panel button was disconnected.

Comment

Different thread but the same applies:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...tml#post669893
      Retired 6th DB

Comment

I've had Antecs die on me in short order. It's sad but true that they are not as good as people think.

Jaykay (FastBK) |null|

Comment

ya so... picked up a new PSU... psu was the problem.. but after getting my system up and running... i found out that EVERY USB PEREPHRIAL I HAD PLUGGED INTO MY COMPUTER.... fried
          g15 keyboard
          printer
          joystick
          razer baracuda 5.1 headphones
          wifi hub (for nintendo wii)
          ipod
          mouse

/emo suicidal

$1000. in usb stuff
          $150 new psu

there went half my tax refund