Will this TV/Monitor work...and how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this TV/Monitor work...and how?

Maybe someone could explain this better, I'm just not seeing it...

I bought a Samsung 19in LCD wide screen TV:
    http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/L...T1954HXXAA.asp

I bought it to hook up my second Xbox 360 to it via the hi def component cables/connections...so even if I'm not able to be on my home theater TV, I still can play in HD at my computer desk...

This TV has a PC input, both for the sound card connection and the graphic card, but the Raedon X1950X video card only has 2 DVI outputs and nothing else...questions:

1. Is there a converter wire that will let me hook up from a DVI out put to a, I guess it's a VGI or something like that computer input?

2. Can I keep my second Dell LCD monitor, hook it up to the other DVI out put and maybe have it where teamspeak is shown on that, or a digital manual...and still game on the first, main one?

hope I didn't confuse anyone, I am. lol

Thanks for any help/advise.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Will this TV/Monitor work...and how?

Your video card should have come with a DVI/VGA converter. If not, you can buy one for ~$5. You can hook up by sticking the converter on the back of your video card then connecting a VGA cable to the monitor.

Since the Samsung doesn't seem to have DVI input, hook it up to your video card using the DVI/VGA converter. The Dell monitor most likely has VGA and DVI inputs so you can hook up with DVI. Then use the Dell monitor with the 360 and a VGA cable.

Alternatively, you can connect the 360 to the Samsung with component cables and the PC using the DVI/VGA converter. Then the Dell monitor can connect with the DVI.

Note: You can have TeamSpeak or whatever on the second monitor but some games may black out the second screen so you wouldn't see anything or the mouse cursor is still active and clicking on the second monitor's desktop will minimize the game. Most of the time it leaves the second monitor on and won't have any problems though.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Re: Will this TV/Monitor work...and how?

thx for the info.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X