Memtest reported memory errors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memtest reported memory errors...

I started having some lockups, so I ran memtest and got a crap ton of errors. I made sure my settings in BIOS were not overclocked, which they were, and tried again doing one pair at a time.

I have one pair of Ampx memory that completes the memory test without any problems. Another pair shows errors starting at test 3. However, if I test the sticks individually, they aren't showing any errors (at least not thru test 6).

I made sure I tested them in the same slots on the motherboard as I did the first set to eliminate bad slots from the equation.

Any thoughts?

I've requested an RMA thru NewEgg already, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Memtest reported memory errors...

Originally posted by fldash View Post
    I started having some lockups, so I ran memtest and got a crap ton of errors. I made sure my settings in BIOS were not overclocked, which they were, and tried again doing one pair at a time.

I have one pair of Ampx memory that completes the memory test without any problems. Another pair shows errors starting at test 3. However, if I test the sticks individually, they aren't showing any errors (at least not thru test 6).

I made sure I tested them in the same slots on the motherboard as I did the first set to eliminate bad slots from the equation.

Any thoughts?

I've requested an RMA thru NewEgg already, just want to make sure I'm not missing something.

First off: doublecheck you motherboard's QVL (qualified vendor list) or memory compatibility chart. Some motherboards/chipsets will not work with certain combinations or densities (ie, 2 x single sided 512Mb sticks work, 4 won't, but 2 1024Mb double sided will, etc).

It also helps to know what the failed pattern is (is it all over the place, the same Err-bits, etc):

Tst: Test Number
    Failing Address: Failing memory address
    Good: Expected data pattern
    Bad: Failing data pattern
    Err-Bits: Exclusive or of good and bad data (this shows the position of the failing bit(s))
    Count: Number of consecutive errors with the same address and failing bits

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post

Any thoughts?

Ampx is pretty cheap memory you probably have a defect.
      Current member of the

Comment

Ampx is pretty cheap memory you probably have a defect.
        Perhaps, however they've gotten great reviews at multiple sites and they come with a lifetime warranty. They were the same price as the Corsair, but CL4 instead of CL5.
        It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X