Firefox went retarded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox went retarded?

Upon restarting my PC and opening firefox it seems to have gone retarded. Not only did everything reset (favorites,cookies,settings) and act as if I had just installed it, but all the webpages pulled up seem to be scrolling up and down slightly.

Not to mention losing all my favs really pisses me off.
    USAR

Re: Firefox went retarded?

Yea, ive had that problem too. I don't know how to fix it though. Sorry. Can you browse through your history to get some of your favs back? Also, have you tried updating Firefox?

"REMEMBER! Pillage first THEN Burn!"

Comment

I've had Firefox "reset" on me too. Quite frustrating.
      Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

It's a problem that happens when firefox tries updating but there's a "firefox.exe" that didn't close running in the background. Try this:

1) Download the latest firefox installer
        2) Closing your browser.
        3) Open task manager, go to the processes tab and close "firefox.exe" if it's still running.
        4) Run the installation executable you downloaded.

You should be able get all your stuff back.

You should

Comment

I had that problem once, remember to export your favorite places to a file, so you have a backup.

Comment

Squeak, you might check out Google Browser Sync. Keeps your favorites, chocolate chips, and other stuff safe by backing them up to their server. I use it, and it's great.

So, if you ever reformat / change to a new computer, all you need to do is reinstall Browser Sync, and it's back to the way you last saw it!

As a fall back, I use Mozy. That will back up everything (1gig free backup) on a schedule, or while your computer is idle.
            Last edited by ImAWuss; 03-23-2007, 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
            birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, I'm going to try to reinstall and see if my favs and settings get resurrected.
              USAR

Comment

Update:

Reinstalling didn't work, but I went through the firefox profile information under docs & settings in windows, found that it automaticaly backed up your settings and went ahead and put a backup over the current scheme. WALLA.
                USAR

Comment

And you will be using an automated method in the future, correct? Browser sync is invisible, and you don't even know it's there. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.
                  birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X