Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vista blue screen, with no information???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista blue screen, with no information???

This is my older PC, not my new one. It's an Intel 2.8 HT, with 2GB DDR400. I've tested the memory using memtest, all is well. I also ran Orthos for 20 hours and it had no warnings or failures. However, the PC is left on constantly and I noticed it was rebooting at random. I decided to test everything, which came out clean. So I disabled automatic reboot to see if the blue screen held any information that might be useful. It doesn't, it's blank. It has no writing on it at all.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Re: Vista blue screen, with no information???

Is it set to go to sleep after a period of inactivity? If it's doing that, it could be having trouble going into sleep mode or some other power saving feature and crashing.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Vista by default goes into sleep, as Sarc mentioned. Test it by manually setting it to sleep and see if it crashes. To change the sleep settings go to System & Maintanence in the control panel, then Power Options.

Comment

Probably a bad transmogrifier...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          Probably a bad transmogrifier...
          No, no, no, it's definitely the flux capacitor. MS brand flux capacitors are always inferior to other brands.

If it is the sleep mode causing the problems, nVidia's latest (either official or beta because I can't remember) fix the problem. I'm not sure if ATI cards experience this problem.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

The PC isn't set to sleep because it's a storage server.. The only thing it's allowed to do is shutup the monitor, but I disable that and simply turned off the monitor yet it still does it.
            It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9/NIV

Comment

my first guess would be an incompatibility in the video drivers.
              |TG|JackMac4

Comment

Originally posted by fldash View Post
                The PC isn't set to sleep because it's a storage server.. The only thing it's allowed to do is shutup the monitor, but I disable that and simply turned off the monitor yet it still does it.
                So you disabled the sleep? Cause it is set to sleep by default.

Comment

Yes, I disabled it. Strangely, it seems to be working now... Not sure what's changed...

Comment

Vista: It's so god-like it can fix itself

Comment

Vista: it's SO chaotic that it will accidentally fix problems it shouldn't have created in the first place.
                      The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                      I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                      Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X