Logitech G15 Keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G15 Keyboard

I'm curious to see what people's opinions are when it comes to the Logitech G15 keyboard as I have an opportunity to pick one up for less than $60. My current keyboard is an older PS/2 Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (split ergo one) and due to some unfortunate run ins with Dunkin Donuts coffee and the toppings on "everything bagels", the keys are starting to become problematic.

I like the idea of using the lcd for TeamSpeak, since TeamSpeak overlay tends to work one in ten tries for me. I'm not a huge macro person, so the extra macro keys will most likely see little real use.

Thanks in advance.

-Lorax
    Last edited by Lorax74; 03-26-2007, 04:35 PM.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Re: Logitech G15 Keyboard

I love my G15, doesn't do me much good for CS:S which is why i got it but it's great for everything else. Backlighting is very nice.

I also got the G5 gaming mouse, like that as well. Ability to switch mouse sensitivity on the mouse it self is great.

I am a web developer so I type ALOT all day everyday and the keyboards is one of my favorites - the LCD to see my memory, CPU, hard drive space, IP address and all that crap is cool too.

Comment

Nice, thanks.

I have the G5 as well and love it for gaming, being able to change the sensitivity on the fly is pretty awsome.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I have the G15 and it is a very good keyboard. Although I barley use the extra 18 buttons in game, I find it more handy for desktop use, i.e: each button assigned to a commonly used application like firefox, My Computer, Program Files, etc.

The LCD is nice and all, but I don't really use it for that much, I more so use it as a clock when I'm playing games. The media functionality is also very handy if you listen to music on your PC often.

If you don't want the LCD there is the G11 keyboard. It's the exact same just minus the LCD.

Comment

I have the g11 and am quite pleased with it. the g function keys are especially nice for teampeak navigation. I also have some things mapped to them like item slots 7 8 and 9. I kind of wish I got the LCD screen, but more cause it looks cool.

the keys seem to take a good mashing. i switched from the same keyboard you are switching from. it has taken some getting used to a non split keyboard, but it was not as painful as i thought it would be for text use.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I love my G15! The LCD for teamspeak is priceless. I never use the special keys though. I could happily chop them off to make the keyboard slightly more portable.

For general use, it is just the way I like my keyboard, and it gets LOTS of use.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I've been pleased with my G15 Keyboard; I'm thinking I've had it now for over a year, maybe more. It's held up well, although keys that get alot of use will start to wear down the black layer of the key. WASD is starting to show a little more light.:D

I recently got a second G15 for another pc and one thing I did notice was they changed the texture of the keys slightly. My older G15 has more of a glossy black look to the keys where as the newer G15 (Nov 2006) has a flatter black coating that seems like it will take longer to wear off the keys.

I have failed to really make use of the extra features for the most part. I haven't used the extra G keys all that much, so can't comment about how useful they. I also keep forgeting there's two USB ports on the keyboard to use if needed. I tend to run SirReal's multipurpose G15 plugin on the LCD, it will show who's speaking in teamspeak and time zones among other things. See Image below.

Comment

I have been using the eluminx for about a year. The keys are shorter then most keyboards. So response time is quicker. Its also great in the dark.

Comment

I love my G15. It's taken a bit of hard work for some and some heavy digging for others, but I have functional macros for just about every game and program I use. The backlighting is wonderful cause it lets you play in the dark a bit easier without being blinding and the screen/controls are nice features to have.

Comment

+1 for the G15
                    Your mouse has moved, please restart windows for the change to take effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      I love my G15. It's taken a bit of hard work for some and some heavy digging for others, but I have functional macros for just about every game and program I use. The backlighting is wonderful cause it lets you play in the dark a bit easier without being blinding and the screen/controls are nice features to have.
                      You got anything good for CS:S? Send it my way please!

Comment

Originally posted by doorway 27 View Post
                        I love my G15, doesn't do me much good for CS:S which is why i got it but it's great for everything else. Backlighting is very nice.

I also got the G5 gaming mouse, like that as well. Ability to switch mouse sensitivity on the mouse it self is great.

I am a web developer so I type ALOT all day everyday and the keyboards is one of my favorites - the LCD to see my memory, CPU, hard drive space, IP address and all that crap is cool too.
                        Agreed on all points. I have both as well.
                        USAR

Comment

Picked up the G15 last night as an early birthday present and will be hooking it up tonight. I have the G5 already and love it. I also have Belkin's Nostromo N52 game pad (or geekpad, as some would say) and love that as well. With a little time and practice, it really does become an extension of your body in a way the keyboard can not.

Thanks for the feedback!

- -

Comment

Got a g15 a few months ago and I love it, for nighttime gaming (no more lights on) and the Display screens for vent and TS and even other games.. The extra USB connections on top of keyboard is great, my only problem is its just big

Comment

I got a G15 about two months ago and like it quite a bit. I use the "G" keys for my CAD programs and it works like a charm. I upgraded from a logitech mx300 set to this keyboard and an MXrevolution mouse.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X