No announcement yet.

Active Directory

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Directory

Hey network or server administrators out there -

My day job is to provide IT support for a client company. There are a number of administrators here, and every now and then I have reason to believe that various administrators are manipulating the Active Directory permissions without actually notifying the others (specifically, me). What I am trying to find is how to turn on Active Directory auditing, so that I may track the history of a given object in AD, be it a user or computer - in terms of what groups an object has had membership in, when those permissions were given or rescinded, who made the change, etc.

If auditing is not included by default in AD 2003, then what AD audit tools do you recommend?

I know there's a bunch of techies here, so I thought I'd check in to see what bright ideas are in circulation.

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed