No announcement yet.

Vista's actual requirements?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista's actual requirements?

I'm doing some research for an upgrade project at work, and one of the things that I need to find are what the true requirements for Vista are. Now, this is not gaming rig req's, simply what we need to have the standard bells and whistles running a networked computer lab environment for your general end-user (word, excel, teh interweb).

While slugging through various articles, I thought I'd hit you guys up for info. I know that the requirements on the Microsoft website are pretty much a blatant lie, unless you want a machine that basically sits there and does nothing. So, what have you guys found to be necessary for the OS? I'm talking in the following terms:

CPU speed/type
    Video Card
    Hardware-specific issues/compatibility

This would likely be for the business/premium package, though numbers on the home edition wouldn't be bad.
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Re: Vista's actual requirements?

i would say... ballpark... an ideal basic system would be:

1.6 ghz 64 bit... or 2.4 32 bit
    1 gig ram (might be pushing it.. but that is bare minimum if i build a comp even for the sole porpuse of playing solitare...)
    128 mb video card ( ati9800 / gforce 6 series)