Nvidia 8600 Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia 8600 Reviews

Been waiting for these to see if they would be worthy upgrade to my lowly 7600, although by the looks of it, I'd still spend the extra cash for a 8800GTS.

Here is a review for the 8600 GT & GTS (XFX line)

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1086

and another one here

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles...237&cid=3&pg=1

Find another review/benchmark..post it up. Let's get a look at these babies.

Re: Nvidia 8600 Reviews

was expecting better peformance from these.
    Current member of the

Comment

on par with a 7600gt... wow. stay away unless you NEED dx10 right now. and dont care that you will get 30 fps with eye candy off.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed since I was hoping to upgrade to one of those. Looks like I'll have to play the waiting game again. When is ATI releasing their line of DX10 cards?

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I found a benchmark scores for the 8600 hundred and they look to be on par with the nvidia 7900 and the ATI 1950. I don't know why anyone wouldn't wait to save up another $50 to get 3 times the card.

Comment

Any plans for the 8600 line for AGP?
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
              Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed since I was hoping to upgrade to one of those. Looks like I'll have to play the waiting game again. When is ATI releasing their line of DX10 cards?
              Yeah no kidding. December 2006? Muahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                Any plans for the 8600 line for AGP?
                nVidia wont be as of right now, no word officially (That I've heard of at least) but Nvidia is not supporting AGP anymore. Though you may get lucky and have a company create one anyway.
                Oyee

Comment

Yeah no more agp from nvidia it seems, and that is forcing me to get a whole new mobo this year for my upgrade :( Stuck with my 6800 gt currently

Comment

Originally posted by VegaBond View Post
                    Yeah no more agp from nvidia it seems, and that is forcing me to get a whole new mobo this year for my upgrade :( Stuck with my 6800 gt currently
                    Same here :( Not gonna be easy to get my CFO to approve that expenditure...lol
                    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
                    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

honostly you should just go nvidia at this rate ati is going to release there cards and it's going to cost nearly 150 dollars more then a gtx, with similiar performance.
                      Current member of the

Comment

Originally posted by Zid View Post
                        honostly you should just go nvidia at this rate ati is going to release there cards and it's going to cost nearly 150 dollars more then a gtx, with similiar performance.
                        I concur. I will always be an nvidia fan boy (due to their far superior linux support IMHO), but I hope ATI can be somewhat competitive, otherwise we'll all be paying more for less in the end.

Comment

Another extensive review.....Seems like they tested against different brands of the GT and GTS.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/426/1/

Comment

Here's another review from [H]ard|OCP (one of my new favorite tech forums):

BFGTech and XFX GeForce 8600 GTS

Overall they were pretty impressed with it.

Simply put we are playing at the highest settings we have ever played at with a $200 video card
                            They did bring up the very solid point that the price difference between the 8600 and the 8800 GTS 320 MB is small enough that it probably makes sense to go with the 8800 though.
                            LoyalGuard

Comment

This link shows the 8600 not doing as well as the 7900. It also compares it to the 8800's and 1950.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X