X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse tweaks

came across this the other day.

-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide
    while the above guide is for CS-S it has stuff the applies to other games as well. the seciton on mouse overclocking was very interesting.

this link is to some more detailed stuff on usb mouse overclocking.

I have a lasermouse 6000. wish I had read this before I bought it. in my defense, I bought it when my old mouse broke. i literally wore a hole through the left mouse button...

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Re: mouse tweaks

I have all my stuff set the exact opposite that he says to do. I am going to change it up and see what kind differance I notice. For example I have my windows pointer speed set to max and my in game speed set to slow. I also didn't even know there was such a thing as pointer precision. Thanks science.

Comment

I overclocked my mouse last night. I noticed an immidate difference. I hav ea lsermouse 6000 which is supposed to benefit from overclocking. I also have gotten used to windows acceleration. I turned off acceleratoin and will up sens in game. im used to fliking my mouse for a full 360 but I know i get off target too much when I need to change targets alot.

the one very intersting thing that comes out the the testing article (down for the moment right now btw) is how optical beats laser. this was a suprise to me. I am stongly considering a mouse change.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Are you going to try that program at the bottom of the article that supposedly tricks your monitor into thinking it has higher refresh rates? I'm not sure how it is suppose to work but it sounds interesting. Right now my monitor is probably the bottleneck of my system so if I could increase the performance of that it would be really cool.

Comment

i dont see a program to trick monitor into thinking it has higher refresh rates. i see the program to set a higher refreshrate because of the windows default. refreshforce or coolbits does that for me. but tricking it into thinking it can go higher. dont see it. are you talking about section 2.6 in the css guide?

Comment

ReForce works in almost any program or game. It tricks your monitor driver into acting as if the only refresh rate it can do is the one you decide to set in each resolution!

I guess I must have misunderstood this. I thought I could increase the refresh rate so that I could make it as high as my fps in game if I wanted too. I will read it closer and figure out what it really does.

Comment

Wonder if this supports the MS wireless Optical 2.0 for OC'ing.

Edit, nevermind looks like you can OC wireless, "no thanks, I won't be buying a wired mouse again.".

Comment

dont ever set your refresh rate to something higher than your monitor can handle. I have mine set to 75 at all resolutions. thats the highest my monitor can support.

Comment

overclocking my usb port did improve my mouse behavior under low sens settings and fast movement. unfortunately, it rendered my g11 function keys useless. so I put it back to its normal clock. everything is back to normal with the keyboard. but now i want a new mouse... I think I need to convince my wife that she should have my old one...

Comment

Another very kewl mouse article.

http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=1

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                      same link as the second i posted in orignal post :)

great minds think alike.

what I have done recently is to lower my sensativity and removed mouse acceleration in windows. it is taking some getting used to as I seem to get lazy and dont do 360s as much to check out things. but I can stay on target better when aiming.

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post

great minds think alike.

what I have done recently is to lower my sensativity and removed mouse acceleration in windows. it is taking some getting used to as I seem to get lazy and dont do 360s as much to check out things. but I can stay on target better when aiming.
                        Which is also the same link I have posted in a couple of other threads a while back :)

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post

great minds think alike.

D'oH
                          Is there a way to OC just the one USB port?

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                            D'oH
                            Is there a way to OC just the one USB port?
                            if there is, I have been unable to find it after spending about 20 mins googling.

Comment

I emailed the guy who wrote the article. He sent me a link to a program, but I still don't see how it is only going to effect just one USB port. I am a little hesitant about messing with USB. Maybe someone a little more knowledgeable would like to try it out. Here is the email:

This one worked for me, but no guarantees. Use at your own risk!

http://sweetlow.at.tut.by/download/hidusbf.zip

Sujoy

> My friends and I at Tacticalgamer.com have read your
                              > article:
                              > http://www.esreality.com/?a=longpost&id=1265679&page=1
                              > And we been searching for a program that
                              > will overclock just the one USB port used for the
                              > mouse. Can point us in the right direction please ?
                              > Great article BTW.
                              > Thanx

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...