Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bluetooth headsets (mobile phone; not gaming)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth headsets (mobile phone; not gaming)

Any recommendations? I'm in the market.

I'm flexible for looking at anything sub-$100, but I'm not looking to impress anyone. I just need something that works well. The one I'm ditching (Logitech Mobile Freedom -- I've loved it) won't charge anymore (I've had it ~18 months), so language about "I've charged it for years and it just keeps working every time I use it" is of particular interest.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: Bluetooth headsets (mobile phone; not gaming)

i just picked up the Logitech HBM-730 and love it. The wire-ear-holder looks a little different but works great, and it's not flashy at all. I'm not into flashing lights and chrome. I love the ear bud for a noisy car ride too.
    New to TG?

Comment

You say Logitech, but you mean LG, yes?

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid View Post
        i just picked up the Logitech HBM-730 and love it.
        Another good review of the HBH730:

http://www.apartment305.com/2007/01/...headset-review

Comment

No no no. Don't buy any headset until you see the Jawbone in action. Absolutely amazing. It's the only headset I've seen with a Bose-like noise cancellation technology. You can find lots of demos on their website--be sure to check out the Jawbone Vs section.
          Twisted Firestarter
          a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
            No no no. Don't buy any headset until you see the Jawbone in action. Absolutely amazing. It's the only headset I've seen with a Bose-like noise cancellation technology. You can find lots of demos on their website--be sure to check out the Jawbone Vs section.
            Do you use one of these? The demos are pretty impressive.

Wyzcrak:You say Logitech, but you mean LG, yes?
            Heh, I thought LG stood for Logitech. I still like the headset ;)
            New to TG?

Comment

I have a Plantronics Discovery 665 that I love. Comes with a really cool car charger and it's very very light and small. Nothing worse than wearing a big box on the side of your head for a headset.

It's a bit over the $100 range, but I had the Discovery 610 before the 655 and loved that one too. I stopped using it because I stepped on the thing and then kicked it down the stairs by accident and it stopped working.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

That looks very very cool. My only problem with it is the size as I hate big bluetooth headsets. I'm not really into that whole Borg look. :) Very impressive technology though!
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

i dont know what kind it is, I should see acctually, but if you want to get a new contract for your phone, check out wirefly.com all you gotta do is sign with a new contract with sprint/cingular/T-mobile etc. and you usually get a free phone and free bluetooth when you sign with one the comapanies, and you can get as many phone as you want with it.
                  "...and they call me ready to deploy, engage and destroy, wherever you need me to be. I'm an American Warrior!"

Comment

moto ht820

mostest best headset ever.

stereo headphones, remote control, able to play stereo audio on the computer and answer a call on the phone at the same time. it will pause the computer to answer, then unpause after call. 14hr charge and beautiful sound.

if you need something small, the jabra x10 I think is the gold standard right now, though a bt500 from motorola is a great option sub $60.00
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

My district manager has that and when hes walking around, you can yell at him but if hes talking you wont be heard, its very good for private convos and the noise reduction is true

Comment

I'm just going to get a reciever implanted in my ear and a microphone implanted in one of my teeth. Little battery pack under the shoulder blade with an external charging port that I can use while sleeping. Booyah.

Comment

Borg implants are cooler, the chicks love it :D

Comment

That looks pretty cool. Does it have a dedicated on/off switch? If not, how quickly does it turn on/off? That's my main issue with most BT headsets. I have the h700, I love how quickly it turns on/off (in case I just want to use my phone to talk), but the sound quality is lacking up against these noise canceling headsets.

Also, does it charge by mini USB?

Comment

Jawbone is the only Bluetooth phone headset that I can recommend.

I hate it when the person on the other side can't hear me and I can't hear him. Jawbone eliminates almost all of those problems. (some minor interface when you're running into strong winds)
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X