MAC users... final cut?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC users... final cut?

I think I will be getting a MacPro Book in September with the possibility of purchasing the new FinalCut Studio 2... anyone here have experience with MacBook or any video editing programs for that matter? If so, please let me know as I may have questions before I decide for sure if this is the route I want to go. I am planning on possibly filming a doc for part of dissertation and as far as I know this would be the best option...

Re: MAC users... final cut?

I'm a Premier user (dabbler would prolly be a better description) and I can heartily recommed Macbooks, as long as it has enough screen real estate. Thats the question you need to ask. Do you need a laptop specifically, or would a static install (read, desktop type machine) do? An iMac will get you a lot more screen for the same cost. If you do want a laptop, make sure to get 15" and up. The 13" will be really cramped. It's a great small laptop, but the screen is just a little small for video.

For a well engineered laptop, that can do amazing multimedia and is an excellent computer for general purpose stuff (i.e. anything besides games, unless you use bootcamp), the mac and OSX is great.
    Do or do not, there is no try....
    -- Yoda, Dagobah

Comment

Re: MAC users... final cut?

Originally posted by Comrade Franko View Post
      I think I will be getting a MacPro Book in September with the possibility of purchasing the new FinalCut Studio 2... anyone here have experience with MacBook or any video editing programs for that matter? If so, please let me know as I may have questions before I decide for sure if this is the route I want to go. I am planning on possibly filming a doc for part of dissertation and as far as I know this would be the best option...
      Hey man, I'm a Communications & Info. Tech major w/ conc in new media, and I'm going to be the coordinator of my school's TV station soon. In our office, we have Macs w/ Final Cut (Studio & Express). I really like the software. With the Studio version, everything integrates really nicely b/t the different programs.

I have almost all of my experience w/ Final Cut, but I have used Premier a little bit. I have Premier at home, on a pretty nicely spec'd computer, but I still choose to do my editing at school on a Mac w/ Final Cut. But, besides things being in different places w/ some different names, the two programs are pretty much the same.

So, I don't know that I would recommend buying a whole new computer when you can do it w/ a (decent) PC with Premier. That is, unless you were wanting to buy a Mac, anyways. That's a decision I'm still battling now.

If you have the money to go the Final Cut route, and do it, you won't be disappointed. If so, make sure you get the Macbook Pro (the 15"), and not the Macbook (13"). Besides the low screen real estate, the latter doesn't really have the power to handle video.

Make sure you use the education discount, it really takes a lot off!! I'm planning to do a doc for my senior project presentation. I'm getting a B.S. degree, but it's like our equivalence of a dissertation. Jw, what's your degree, and what's the doc going to be on?

Alright, mate, if I can help you with anything more specific, just let me know, and hopefully, I can answer it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X