Cox Communications cable internet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cox Communications cable internet

Well folks, I'm now moved into my new apartment in Phoenix, and am quite happy with it, including the cable internet service with Cox Communications. For a good rate, I'm getting a 7MB down, 512kB up connection.

However, thing is that I use a bittorrent client quite a bit, and I have no idea how anal cox is on that kind of thing.

So, question is does Cox monitor packets or something like that, or do they only do something if someone complains to them about me (no reason they should...I don't dwnld warez or pirate media licensed in the US)?

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

*Hiss* "Oh...crap!" *BLAM* "I'm down....MEDIC!!"

DirtyLude: "If we kill him and eat his heart, his magic will be ours."

Re: Cox Communications cable internet

I have cox here in Goodyear and have not had a problem with them at all on any type of upload or download.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yup me too, no issues in Glendale you'll be just fine. What part of Phoenix did you move to?
      sigpic

Comment

No issues with COX in Rhode Island either.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

FWIW, my mother was quite pleased with her COX broadband when she was in New Orleans (before Katrina). Satisfying network performance and customer service.
          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid View Post
            Yup me too, no issues in Glendale you'll be just fine. What part of Phoenix did you move to?
            Peoria (on N. 28th drive about 2 blocks north of Metro Center)

Edit: We need to meet for beers, food, and the suns game at a sports bar sometime soon.

Games: GRAW, BF2142, Oblivion, FarCry, Empire At War, R6:RVS, KotOR, KotOR2, MW4: Mercs, FEAR (XP)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Brass View Post
              Peoria (on N. 28th drive about 2 blocks north of Metro Center)

Edit: We need to meet for beers, food, and the suns game at a sports bar sometime soon.

Ha Ha your about 3 miles from me! I am at 47th Ave and Peoria :)

Sounds like a good plan to me just let me know when and where.
              sigpic

Comment

Dunno where, since I just moved here. Know any good sports bars? I'll pm you my cell phone # and we'll figure out where and when. game is at 7:30 IIRC.

Comment

My girlfriend's computer is hammering away on Bittorrent almost all the time (I turn it off when I'm trying to play a game) and I haven't had a problem. I live in Mesa and I believe Cox Phoenix supplies the whole valley so hopefully you'll have the same sort of luck as me.
                  sigpic

Comment

I've had cox cable internet for as long as I can remember and haven't had any problems with the service..

Chesapeake , Virginia

Bill
                    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

sweet. thanks guys :). ya, I use bittorrent quite a bit, and just wanted to make sure cox wasn't going to send me some nasty letter or something b/c of it. Some ISPs are really controlling of how much data you ul or dl each month, and what kind of packets you're sending and recieving. I'm glad cox isn't like that.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X