Creative Xfi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Xfi

Hi, i wonder if any one has any ideas as to why my soundcard goes nut's when i enable creative Xfi in 2142.

Here is what happens, i join game, sound is fine for 2-5 mins, then speakers start to hiss and pop, then about 1 min after all wierd sounds play out, high pitched, low pitch and just dam right wierd sounds.

I have changed pci slots, done a complete clean reinstalll of there latest drivers(2006) tunred off hardware accerlator, tunred down actual sound settings in game, which help a little, in it takes longer to screw up!

Now if i have just hardware enable it's fine, but the sounds are rubbish.

I did read through the creative forum's, a few have had similar problems which they managed to alter files and mess around with the bios(not my forte).

Im running xp64bit

Any help much appreciated.

If i dont reply later, it's because im away the weekend.

Thanks

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Creative Xfi

A few ideas

Is your motherboard soundchip turned off ?

Under control panel / sound and audio properties / audio tab / sound playback is set as your creative xfi

Comment

I have had a similar problem, but I use an audigy 2. It only happens when I play 2142. It is very random for me, but happens at least once every other time I play. It lasts about 20 seconds. For the duration every other second there is a different form of pulsating rubbish. It only happens when there are alot of sounds going on. It seems to happen less after I reinstalled the game and used one patch instead of the incrementals.

Comment

I wonder if it is due to the 64 bit OS? as a quick check you could try to put the card in a 32 bit Os and see if the same issues come up. I know, not great help... but at least you would know its software or hardware problem.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What quality sound are you using? Ultra or High? I experienced some hissing and popping with Ultra, and switched it to high and haven't had any since.

Comment

I have this same problem when I installed the 1.2 patch. It only occurs when an orbital strike hits near by. I have to switch down to hardware and high to make it stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy_T View Post
              I have this same problem when I installed the 1.2 patch. It only occurs when an orbital strike hits near by. I have to switch down to hardware and high to make it stop.
              Yeah I think mine started with 1.2 also.

Comment

i get minor popping during orbital strikes and the footsteps of the walker. I love how the ultra high quality sounds, so i put up with it.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by sc1ence View Post
                  i get minor popping during orbital strikes and the footsteps of the walker. I love how the ultra high quality sounds, so i put up with it.
                  I wish I could tolerate it, except it turns into high shrieking and all VOIP turns into pure static. Eventually all sound cuts out except for the back left speaker.

Comment

yikes. im lucky then. I have read others have the shrieking problem. fortunately, I do not.

Comment

Check the temps of the sound card, sounds like to me that the most intensive sounds are causing higher heat on them... I myself have this card, and process a lot of music with it, and while gaming/music/video's are played crackling becomes a problem. So i added a PCI fan next to it and havnt had a problem since.

Another thing Creative has had problems with is their drivers, something about Dual Channel RAM and Xfi, i dont know, i havnt had an issue in a while.
                      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
                        A few ideas

Is your motherboard soundchip turned off ?

Under control panel / sound and audio properties / audio tab / sound playback is set as your creative xfi
                        Yes it is.

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                        I have had a similar problem, but I use an audigy 2. It only happens when I play 2142. It is very random for me, but happens at least once every other time I play. It lasts about 20 seconds. For the duration every other second there is a different form of pulsating rubbish. It only happens when there are alot of sounds going on. It seems to happen less after I reinstalled the game and used one patch instead of the incrementals.
                        Reinstalling the game could be worth a try.

Originally posted by Relmar View Post
                        What quality sound are you using? Ultra or High? I experienced some hissing and popping with Ultra, and switched it to high and haven't had any since.
                        Ultra high, i switched back down to high and even medium/low and it still messes up, but takes a bit longer on lower settings.

Originally posted by Black_V!per View Post
                        Check the temps of the sound card, sounds like to me that the most intensive sounds are causing higher heat on them... I myself have this card, and process a lot of music with it, and while gaming/music/video's are played crackling becomes a problem. So i added a PCI fan next to it and havnt had a problem since.

Another thing Creative has had problems with is their drivers, something about Dual Channel RAM and Xfi, i dont know, i havnt had an issue in a while.
                        How would i check temp settings on soundcard? I havent got any spare pci slot's left in on motherboard so cant try a fan, perhaps it is just overheating when to many sounds at once.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X