Opinions on Harware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Harware

I am planning on upgrading my system which is rubbish, I play bf2142 with all settings on low.

I am thinking about changing the motherboard, processor and graphics card to:
    Asus COMMANDO P965 Socket 775 Onboard Audio ATX
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4ghz) Socket 775 FSB1066 4MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    Connect 3D X1950 XTX 512MB GDDR4 DVI VIVO PCI-E Graphics Card

I would appreciate your opinions on these choices.

Thanks
    || Shiv14

Re: Opinions on Harware

well.. I got an E6400 @ 3Ghz and a 7900GT

I run 2142 at high settings. I'd imagine your system could do the same.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Looks awesome, Shivers. But don't you want to go with a Directx 10 card? This Ati card will smoke bf 2142 too but with dx 10 you will be prepared for the future games (Crysis and stuff). If you got the budget, I'd say go for the 8800GTS (320 mb) but the 8600GTS (which I got) runs perfect too. The processor rocks, can definitely recommend it, but how much RAM do you got?
      This is an important thing because Battlefield eats RAM, so you really want to get 2 gigs of RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Concr3te View Post
        Looks awesome, Shivers. But don't you want to go with a Directx 10 card? This Ati card will smoke bf 2142 too but with dx 10 you will be prepared for the future games (Crysis and stuff).
        I have a X1950, and it's a sweet card no doubts. But, like Concrete said it's not DX10 compliant. I'm planning on replacing it when ATI comes out with their next card (which should be DX10 compliant.) But, if this card is going to have to last you for a while, I would consider either getting the nVidida DX10 part or waiting until the ATI one hits the shelves.
        sigpic

Comment

That's a pretty pricey mobo (well at least in canada eh!)

I would spend less on the motherboard and put that into the best video card you can get. And as concr3te said, get as much RAM as you can.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I ordered the mobo and processor with 2Gb of RAM.

The reason for that gfx card is that I'm getting it for 70 from a friend thats getting a new card (I don't know which one)

Hopefully I will be putting it together today, fingers crossed.

Thanks again
            || Shiv14

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...