No announcement yet.

My drivers reject my microphone...HELP?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My drivers reject my microphone...HELP?

So, there are some new computers that I get to use, the motherboards are "GA-965P-DQ6" I think. (I know almost nothing about hardware, be gentle.)
    With on-board audio card "Realtek ALC888 DD chip" (These thing quoted out of the manual.) So anyway, the drivers it came with (I'm told they are AC97) pushed Windows default mic drivers out of the way and made them not work. So now I can either have a mic but no sound, or sound but no mic. After looking online, I have found some people who say I can't have both mic AND sound. Can anyone help me prove them wrong and start enjoying PR again? I think I can get more info from the manual if anyone needs it to help.

Thanks.

Re: My drivers reject my microphone...HELP?

Originally posted by mat552 View Post
    So, there are some new computers that I get to use, the motherboards are "GA-965P-DQ6" I think. (I know almost nothing about hardware, be gentle.)
    With on-board audio card "Realtek ALC888 DD chip" (These thing quoted out of the manual.) So anyway, the drivers it came with (I'm told they are AC97) pushed Windows default mic drivers out of the way and made them not work. So now I can either have a mic but no sound, or sound but no mic. After looking online, I have found some people who say I can't have both mic AND sound. Can anyone help me prove them wrong and start enjoying PR again? I think I can get more info from the manual if anyone needs it to help.

Thanks.
    I have a GA-965p-DS3, which is essentially the same without the fancy heatpipes :D

They should be the realtek Intel hda drivers (Azalia) though...I would uninstall whatever you have and download the latest from here (new as of April 27th):

http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/Support/...me=GA-965P-DQ6

I assure you, your sound and the mic will work together. Make sure the mic is plugged into the right place, and identified. For each input on the sound card, you should be able to "point-and-click" what is connected there in the Realtek sound manager. I remember getting it to work was a total gong show and took quite awhile of trial and error so be patient.

I don't have physical access to my computer right now, so I can't take screenies of the right settings, but you should be able to get it. There are also quite a few people around here with the same/similar boards that will hopefully chime in.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by JAMerica View Post
      I have a GA-965p-DS3, which is essentially the same without the fancy heatpipes :D

They should be the realtek Intel hda drivers (Azalia) though...I would uninstall whatever you have and download the latest from here (new as of April 27th):

I assure you, your sound and the mic will work together. Make sure the mic is plugged into the right place, and identified. For each input on the sound card, you should be able to "point-and-click" what is connected there in the Realtek sound manager. I remember getting it to work was a total gong show and took quite awhile of trial and error so be patient.

I don't have physical access to my computer right now, so I can't take screenies of the right settings, but you should be able to get it. There are also quite a few people around here with the same/similar boards that will hopefully chime in.

HTH
      :JOY: IT WORKED THANKS MUCH! CAPS LOCK FTW, PR IS UBER WIN!

Comment

Glad to hear it man! See you on the BF

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X