Digital Camera questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Camera questions

Can anyone recommend me a cheap (< $200), compact digital camera? Preferably one that can fit in a pocket. I don't need any fancy features, just need it to take decent looking pics. Thanks in advance.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: Digital Camera questions

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
    Can anyone recommend me a cheap (< $200), compact digital camera? Preferably one that can fit in a pocket. I don't need any fancy features, just need it to take decent looking pics. Thanks in advance.

I have an A430, I paid $75 I bought it because it had super macro. If you don't need to print big photos this one is great. I would stick with Canon, you may want more mgpxls.

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
      I've got an older Olympus camera that has served me very well. My sister (a photographer) has a Canon Digital Rebel XT and a little point-and-shoot Olympus, and she uses her Olympus much more often. I would recommend an Olympus camera, and they're available at all different price points, too.

The important thing is to get your camera from a camera company, and not from an electronics company. Good photos come from good lenses. The sensors are, relatively speaking, all the same.

Also, check http://www.dpreview.com/ for more info.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Check out the Super macro

Comment

I have a Casio exilim ex-z1000 camera, love it, wouldnt be without her!10.1 megapixel, and as it is casio, SUPER LONG battery life!Highly recomend!!cost me just under 140

Good spot tau,lol,was about 6am this morning i wrote that and hadnt been to bed!:(
          Last edited by Jeepo; 05-14-2007, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
            I have a CANON exilim ex-z1000 camera, love it, wouldnt be without her!10.1 megapixel, and as it is canon, SUPER LONG battery life!Highly recomend!!cost me just under 140
            I thought exilims were made by Casio

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I've just got a Kodak Easyshare, with the docking station. I don't recall which model it was off the top of my head. Its a 7.1MP and was only around 155$.

Comment

go for a canon. I have the sd630 and i love it. I think any canon SD model will treat you great. AND they fit in your pocket so you dont have to look like a damn tourist.

Comment

Bump.

With the Christmas season upon us, I guess my question is the same as Tau's. What's the best bang for the buck digital camera? I don't know jack about cameras, but it does have to be compact, one that I could fit in my pocket. Other than that, my price range can go a little above $200 if necessary. Are all the cameras mentioned here still relevant, or have some newer models emerged? Thanks guys.

Comment

http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

http://www.dpreview.com/

try these sites
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks.

Comment