SATA DVD Drives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SATA DVD Drives?

Does anyone have experience with SATA DVD Drives/Burners? The last IDE periphreal I have in my system is the DVD drive and the air circulation-blocker a.k.a "ribbon cable" drives me crazy. But, I can't really find any good reviews on SATA DVD drives, how they stack up against EIDE drives, etc.
    Twisted Firestarter
    a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
    sigpic

Re: SATA DVD Drives?

You could get a different cable?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812104035

Comment

I can't site any specific site, but the last time I looked into IDE vs. SATA optical drives, the SATA ones weren't much faster than their IDE counterparts in the read/access area but were somewhat faster when it came to writing (burning CDs/DVDs).

Since we're on this topic, can you use 2 SATA optical drives with a SATA hard drive through the mobo SATA ports and controller at the same time?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I got this one, cheap, fast, works. No issues so far. Doesn't write though, I'm waiting for prices to come down a bit before I replace my IDE burner.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen View Post
          I got this one, cheap, fast, works. No issues so far. Doesn't write though, I'm waiting for prices to come down a bit before I replace my IDE burner.
          I got this one for my new build and I am very happy with it (same manufac. as Iamthefallen's):

LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner

it was Newegg's April Winner of Customer Choice Award - CD / DVD Burners (RW Drives)

Very fast (I don't have any times, just comparing it to my old machine), connecting the SATA was a breeze and it was very nice not to have the IDE cable chunneling along my mobo, and I think the price was great.

The also offer a light-scribe model which I opted out of.
          LoyalGuard

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X