Powerpoint file to video file converter program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerpoint file to video file converter program

I'm looking for a program that will convert a powerpoint file (with timed slides) into a movie file. I've found a few surfing the Internet, but most of them cost, and of course I know nothing about how well they work, or if they have malware. Preferably, I'd like something free.

Let me tell you what I need it for, and maybe someone can think of a different solution that I haven't thought of. At my school's TV station, which I'm about to become the coordinator of, we've got 13 channels on the CCTV system, one on which we run announcements and our content that we've created (movies, news broadcasts, interviews, 411-type shows, etc.).

So, what we've been doing is creating the announcements with Powerpoint. This works really well, imo. Then, we'll insert the video files onto the same Powerpoint, and let them play right off of there, in between the announcement slides. This has not worked very well. Powerpoint only allows a couple file types, and it's kind of cumbersome. Plus, it's a crappy computer that it's running off of, and really doesn't have the RAM to handle all of that (maybe I can convince the powers that be to give us a newer one, though).

And, then, we put the powerpoint full screen, and we have an adapter to put the full computer screen onto the channel (VGA to RCA, which is then put into a VCR input, which acts as one of the CCTV channels).

So, I think that it would be easier to put all of our content files into a media player, such as VLC player, and have the announcements be one of those files. Then, put that full screen, like we're doing right now.

So, any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Powerpoint file to video file converter program

http://www.growlersoftware.com/?gcli...FSOZEAodNhG_xA

This one can record normal windows activity as well as games (including BF)
    YOu can record the powerpoint presentation and in effect turn it into a movie.
    Free version has no time limit on recording but does put a few advertising frames at beginning and end of the film, that can be edited out.

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
      http://www.growlersoftware.com/?gcli...FSOZEAodNhG_xA

This one can record normal windows activity as well as games (including BF)
      YOu can record the powerpoint presentation and in effect turn it into a movie.
      Free version has no time limit on recording but does put a few advertising frames at beginning and end of the film, that can be edited out.
      Good thinking, I had never thought about this method. Unfortunately, it would be too inconvenient. The reason is, I will be changing the announcements every few days, and this would require that I record them in real-time, which could take up to 30 mins or more, depending on how much we have on there.

I guess I could create the slides in Final Cut (the video editor that we use). Powerpoint is just more robust when it comes to this.

Thanks for the suggestion, Exploding!

Comment

Aha! I've come across a solution that may work well. I can create the slides, and export them as .jpg files, then import that right into Final Cut, and manage the time that they're up there.

This seems like a viable solution. I'm still up for any suggestions, though!

Comment

If possible you should export them as PNGs, they are lossless, JPEGs are lossy.
          |TG| Lorian
          Member since 18th February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Lorian View Post
            If possible you should export them as PNGs, they are lossless, JPEGs are lossy.
            Roger that, thanks.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X